PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tjarnold is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold
Re: Things that SHOULD work on the titan that don't?

For those of you that have Sprint, there is a relatively easy way to get an upgrade.

The first thing you need is to have insurance on your phone. Within a period of 10 months or less you need to have at least 3 problems that have forced you to bring your phone in to a sprint store for repair. After at least three logged visits you can ask them about upgrading you based on the inconvenience that you have had to go through. Their current policy says that they can offer you a similar phone with equal or greater capabilities to try to fix your problems.

I started with an Apache and got my mogul this way. I plan on getting a Touch Pro the same way.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X MB810
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

timtampa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post

-wifi connectivity problems (although my phone hasnt seemed to have this, i know some people have experienced this)
I have the wifi issue as well. I have tried probably all you can think of and more. Any and all help appreciated.

BTW, if you run across this possible fix via cab file, USE WITH CATION. It locks up my phone and cannot get past Alltel logo. Must hard reset and restore from back-up.

TNETW1251-WIFI-ICS-Fix.CAB
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarnold View Post
The first thing you need is to have insurance on your phone. Within a period of 10 months or less you need to have at least 3 problems that have forced you to bring your phone in to a sprint store for repair. After at least three logged visits you can ask them about upgrading you based on the inconvenience that you have had to go through. Their current policy says that they can offer you a similar phone with equal or greater capabilities to try to fix your problems.
same for alltel (except i was under the impression it was for the 12 month duration of the manufacturer's warranty), and i am thinking about trying this...just depends on the chance that the two replacements will have flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Personally, I hope the 6800 goes EOL soon after the Touch Pro is out so that I can just do an insurance claim like I did from the 6700. xD
my other choice, which I see as more guaranteed to get the better phone but it'll cost about 100. except, how do we know when theres no more 6800s?

Last edited by ajm144k; 10-29-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Threadstarter

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
my other choice, which I see as more guaranteed to get the better phone but it'll cost about 100. except, how do we know when theres no more 6800s?
I'm pretty sure most insurance claims are always under a different 3rd party company that will pretty much always have stock of the older phones. Unless you're doing a warranty replacement, then I believe that's from the carrier directly and they will run out quickly once they take the retail off the shelves.

Verizon is really crappy when it comes to "making you happy." They are probably one of the worst companies to make sure they are not only nickle & diming you for EVERYTHING they can but also throwing contract in your face any time it could potentially cost them money to make you happy. They're not so easy to deal with as sprint and the others but I'm pretty sure it's possible with enough persistance...

I'm currently on my 3rd 6800 which was bought in March... they really have no intention of giving me a new phone even now I just tried... I might try to get another one inbetween now and when the pro comes out to try and push that "I'm sick of gettin replacements" card.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I'm on my second NIB replacement titan from vzw. I'm trying to cook up a way to get upgraded again. I too came from a 6700, had 3 then they replaced it with the titan. my first one had the left soft-key go bad. My current one had a few keyboard issues and the wifi doesn't always play nice, not the mention the switch doesn't always work correctly, I've had a few problems with the usb connection and its not the cable or the port. so I think I may be good, We'll see. that all depends of course, if vzw doesn't cripple it.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post

Verizon is really crappy when it comes to "making you happy." .
That is not what I've found at all really. I had vz send me a brand new 6800 when I didn't even need it. The new one took two days to come & before it arrived I had fixed the problem in the one I had so I sent the new one back.

I have my current 6800 tweaked/modified to the point where I am 100% happy with it, so I don't really want a new phone at this point. This makes me quite happy as I played with a new TouchPro at Best Buy last week & was not impressed with it at all.

Then, my boss went out & bought one (he uses Sprint) & returned it two days later.

~John
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Threadstarter

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That is not what I've found at all really. I had vz send me a brand new 6800 when I didn't even need it. The new one took two days to come & before it arrived I had fixed the problem in the one I had so I sent the new one back.
Ya they have no problem sending you refurbs but it's a lot harder to get them to send you a different phone.

I know what you're saying about the touchpro.. I actually went to go play with it at bestbuy today and was halfway through the purchase process and decided to just leave... took the guy like an hour to try and get the thing activated on sprint's network so I just used that as a sign to stay away from sprint lol.

I'm pretty happy with my titan after playing with the touch pro honestly... throw m2d on there with no2's high mem kernel and it's pretty damn close... def not worth paying 200+ bucks for a touch pro but if/when verizon gets a their model released I'll def try to weasel a free one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan