PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker

elude79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry MMS on XV6800 w/ Data BLOCKED

Hi all,

It's there a way to receive pix text on XV6800 with all DATA blocked @ Verizon? Here the story. I have VZW block all data on my phone so incase my phone jump onto the net w/o me knowing. I only have Text message plan on my phone and NO DATA. By doing this, they're block everything. I can only received mms (text) with NO pix text. I can have them to unlock it DATA port but it's there a way to STOP XV6800 to trying to dial out to VZW network? This is very important since i dont have DATA service, it's will cost me a tons of money if this phone leaked to the net w/o DATA plan. Have anyone got this setup before?

Please help.... thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

scope is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MMS on XV6800 w/ Data BLOCKED

I have the per kb, which is as you noted a rip off. Anyway, if you keep an eye on it and be aware of what programs goto the net on their own, you shouldn't have that problem.

I have an rss reader, weather program, and that is it that tries on it's own to connect. But both apps have an option to not use the cellular connection. Biggest problem some people have is when they hit the IE button to got the home page. You can either set it to blank or set it to a local page on your phone, and that will keep it from going to cell data, but there is still that chance. ou can reprogram the button itself so IE won't start, checnge it to somethign else.

Hope my spotty typing help you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan