PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800 - Mogul

WildSioux is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPC Tablet Remote Control with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsysiegals View Post
I guess I wasn't very clear with what I meant in the previous post. I didn't mean to stream media to my Mogul. I just meant to allow me to take remote control of the PC while I'm viewing it on the TV and move through the menus and start the DVD's I have saved to my HD from the phone instead of a bluetooth keyboard.
Try this program called GRemote
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427097

I just tried it out and it works well with my mogul. It requires the computer to have the GRemoteServer.exe (no install) program running for it to work.

The only problem is, it requires the installation of the .net CF 3.5 on your mogul for it to work. Takes up more memory...

I just uninstalled it since I really have no need for it. If it had some way of displaying your PC on the mogul then I would.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

If you want to display your PC on your Mogul you can use Remote Desktop, the application from www.logmein.com, or it sounds like VNC can do it also.

The only problem with doing that is that Windows can tell that you are remoted in and wont let you start a DVD from Media Center when you are remoted in. I also hate the fact that it always re-arranges my desktop icons whenever I remote in.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yes, I would recommend VNC for the desktop too, I think it even has settings to silent monitor. in the past i've used realVNC and ultraVNC.
for streaming to mogul, ORB.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bugluv67 is a n00b

im a noob. so let me get this straight. you can use this vnc program to stream video from your computer to your mogul? if so can you please post links and instructions on how to set it up?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah VNC or RDP will do it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan