PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

nutt318 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After 6.1 upgrade phone is Locked Up Solid

Well anyways after the 6.1 upgrade the phone booted into windows just fine. I then installed the HTC Home plugin which has the Touch main screen. Then after adding it to the today screen it is just stuck on the main windows screen.

The phone boots up and everything but just is locked up in windows. Also the service indicator says there is no service. I've also tried to re upgrade the phone again to 6.1 but my computer doesn't recognize the phone.

Any ideas what I can do to get it working again, or should I call Sprint?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: After 6.1 upgrade phone is Locked Up Solid

Sounds like you need to hard reset to get rid of the HTC plugin that started causing your issue. Then try going from there. I dont use the HTC stuff personally but I am sure you will have other chime in who will tell you they also have had to have seen issues with it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nutt318 is a n00b

ok, that hard reset worked great. Its going through the initial setup again so that is good.

Weedahoe, which home plugin do you use? Is it comparable to the HTC home? Also do you know if there is an updated version?

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I prefer Manila 2D myself. Just don't expect your phone to have a lot of RAM left but it performs alright IMO.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

There is a version of Htc Home that some users are successful using with 6.1 . I use SPB mobile shell 2.0, it works great for my needs, it is a paid application.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nutt318 is a n00b

Thanks guys, the Manila 2d looks awesome from screen shots. I will try to see how that works for me. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

for WM 6.1 you need to download the last HTC Home Customizer v10 and install it without installing HTC Home Plugin. Run the HTC Home Customizer it will prompt you that you don't have the HTC Home Plugin installed and ask if you want HTC Home Customizer to dl and install it for you. Just click yes. It will then dl and install the latest version that does work with wm 6.1 Thats what I do and it works fine without any problems. After it installs the HTC Home plugging you don't need to run the Customizer unless you want to change anything.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nutt318 is a n00b

Awesome, thanks. Well now I have another problem. After installing Manilla 2D everything is great. But now when I try to install another program it says I have insufficient privileges. Any Ideas how to fix that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan