PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Qwest

fyrephlie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Qwest Mogul - Apps Launch Strange - Characters Don't Appear When Typing

I've had this problem a couple of times, and assumed it was something I did wrong using Advanced Config, and have just done a few hard resets and called it even.

However, this is the third time this problem as cropped up, and I'm just banging my head on the wall trying to figure it out.

First of all, my phone has been working flawlessly for the last several weeks, and I haven't done anything to it recently that coincides with these issues... which is part of why it's so baffling.

Issue #1 - Suddenly, starting an application, pretty much any application, takes forever, or it won't launch. The title of the program appears at the top of the screen, replacing the title of the previous application, or the start button, but nothing happens. It just hangs there, for far too long. Sometimes, if I just let it sit for a minute or two, it will finally load, but this is something it just doesn't do. It does this with any window that needs to render, i.e. Oxios Close Apps / Hibernate does the same, where that window won't show up. I have plenty of free memory, so there's definitely something else going on here...

Issue #2 - When I type, for example a text message. I will get the first word or two, but then nothing appears. The cursor continues to follow, and if I send the text message, it comes out on the other end just as it should, all text there... but it's very irritating that I can't read what's happening.

I have done several soft resets, and reset just about every setting I can think of, but to no avail. I done a few searches... and it seems like no one else is experiencing this.. but my search-fu may just be a bit weak... and I'm certainly feeling impatient.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan