PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35192)

nolo25 08-20-2008 08:37 PM

Re: need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

mr.obvious yeah thats true but for now i really need this without having to pay extra thanx for your help but i really need to have my mogul running on my ps3. thats what i do after and before work is use my ps3.

elmerfudpucker 08-21-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolo25 (Post 388629)
just wanted to tell everyone thanx for ur help moxxy27 please explain step by step. elmerfudpucker thanx i will be on here periodically checking back. you guys can pm cause i cant send replyies through 6800 but in the pm i can. i am using my parents computer but will be leaving soon. so again thanx again. i anyone finds this if u dont mind can u add a cab files if it is possible. also elmerfudpucker when u said, "you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time." did u mean on the ps3 if so its a 80 gig no problem.

You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!:headbang:

nolo25 08-21-2008 09:39 PM

You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!

i already have wmwifirouter on my phone but nothing works for the ps3 plus the ps3 already has wifi.

how bout if i buy a hub and use my phone as modem will the ps3 work then?

nolo25 08-28-2008 11:25 AM

still nothing on this subject can someone give me a link cause I tried everything so I think I did

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 04:00 PM

anyone find anything out yet I have a mogul and a ps3 that would be great if I could connect them

spiritcrusher33 09-08-2008 05:12 PM

i use my mogul, a netgear 4 port hub. and my laptop...u need to bridge the connections on your laptop...the connect both to the hub and your good to go.. thats what i did...

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 05:36 PM

okay, anybody know away to do it with out using a computer

nolo25 09-08-2008 06:17 PM

a yo don im still stuck I heard if u have a wireless hub that connects to the phone and through wifi phone to ps3 but my hub isn't wireless so im still looking if u find anything let me know and I will do the same

reeg420 09-08-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donyal1990@yahoo.com (Post 407830)
okay, anybody know away to do it with out using a computer

Yah I know. I was reading the thread and I wasnt sure where people were goin with this.

So what are you trying to do.

1. Using the data connection from your provider to play online games.

2. Play movie/music files from the ppc on your ps3.

With the games. If its possible you probably can do it with wmwifirouter that was suggested earlier. Then set up the ps3 for the wireless internet connection. Dont have my ps3 on so Im not sure.
Not sure if that would even work. Im not sure if its fast enough. Should work to get the ps3 connected to the internet. Not sure of games though. If your just looking to use the ps3 for internet and even general computer stuff check out Yellow Dog Linux. I actually installed that on mine and my buddys ps3. His girl actually used it for a while when their computer broke. Its actually pretty nice..I mean for a operating system on a ps3. Gets the job done.

On the second one Id love to know how to do that. I currently do it with my laptop. I have it set up as a media server through nero8. But Id love to be able to do it with my phone.

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 08:15 PM

I just want to use it for internet my computer took a crap and I'm building a new one at the moment the ps3's web browser is good enough for me, anybody have a link for the wmwifirouter, if you tried to use the internet connection from the mogul for internet gaming it would probably be to slow to have fun, some one send me the link and I'll try it on my mogul and let you know how it turns out