PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35192)

nolo25 08-18-2008 05:10 PM

need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

hey can some one help me connect my mogul 6800 which already has phone to modoem wmwifirouter but i dont have a pc for computer. i use to connect my ps3 through wifi wirelessely in my parents apt. but recently moved to a basement apt that doesnt have internet access. if there is anything i need or is it possible please help thanx in advance. i use my ps3 very much including for online games and internet browser any help would be greatly appreciated

Jpayne30 08-19-2008 07:19 AM

Re: need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

No, you can't use the mogul as a modem for the ps3 or 360. Only good for running as a modem for a PC.. if that answers your question

Lylej2k 08-19-2008 09:28 AM

I can't seem to get my 6800 to connect to ps3 via bluetooth to transfer pics.

elmerfudpucker 08-19-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolo25 (Post 386404)
hey can some one help me connect my mogul 6800 which already has phone to modoem wmwifirouter but i dont have a pc for computer. i use to connect my ps3 through wifi wirelessely in my parents apt. but recently moved to a basement apt that doesnt have internet access. if there is anything i need or is it possible please help thanx in advance. i use my ps3 very much including for online games and internet browser any help would be greatly appreciated

Never thought of that idea give me a day or two, but I wouldn't game on it tho, you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time...

moxxy27 08-19-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpayne30 (Post 386960)
No, you can't use the mogul as a modem for the ps3 or 360. Only good for running as a modem for a PC.. if that answers your question

Not that i'm condoning the idea but yes you certainly can use it for a modem for the 360 with a wireless adapter on it and i don't see why you couldn't with the ps3. pretty easy too with the wmfirouter.

jerryyyyy 08-19-2008 06:48 PM

Search around, there is some software to turn the 6800 into a wireless hub. Maybe that would work. Interesting idea.

nolo25 08-20-2008 11:17 AM

just wanted to tell everyone thanx for ur help moxxy27 please explain step by step. elmerfudpucker thanx i will be on here periodically checking back. you guys can pm cause i cant send replyies through 6800 but in the pm i can. i am using my parents computer but will be leaving soon. so again thanx again. i anyone finds this if u dont mind can u add a cab files if it is possible. also elmerfudpucker when u said, "you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time." did u mean on the ps3 if so its a 80 gig no problem.

MrObvious 08-20-2008 12:17 PM

No he means with your cell phone provider. Verizon only allows you to download/upload 5GB.

nolo25 08-20-2008 12:29 PM

i have sprint not verizon so u think i wont be possible since there is gonna be alot of data being transfered

MrObvious 08-20-2008 01:57 PM

Sprint is starting to get anal about it too. You could probably pay a little extra to get tethering added. With Alltel if you have a Smart Choice plan you get unlimited internet, texting, etc. w\ 500 national minutes + 10 my circle for $89.99, but for $10 more you can tether unlimited. With a regular plan it is $25 to tether. You could look into that.

nolo25 08-20-2008 08:37 PM

mr.obvious yeah thats true but for now i really need this without having to pay extra thanx for your help but i really need to have my mogul running on my ps3. thats what i do after and before work is use my ps3.

elmerfudpucker 08-21-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolo25 (Post 388629)
just wanted to tell everyone thanx for ur help moxxy27 please explain step by step. elmerfudpucker thanx i will be on here periodically checking back. you guys can pm cause i cant send replyies through 6800 but in the pm i can. i am using my parents computer but will be leaving soon. so again thanx again. i anyone finds this if u dont mind can u add a cab files if it is possible. also elmerfudpucker when u said, "you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time." did u mean on the ps3 if so its a 80 gig no problem.

You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!:headbang:

nolo25 08-21-2008 09:39 PM

You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!

i already have wmwifirouter on my phone but nothing works for the ps3 plus the ps3 already has wifi.

how bout if i buy a hub and use my phone as modem will the ps3 work then?

nolo25 08-28-2008 11:25 AM

still nothing on this subject can someone give me a link cause I tried everything so I think I did

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 04:00 PM

anyone find anything out yet I have a mogul and a ps3 that would be great if I could connect them

spiritcrusher33 09-08-2008 05:12 PM

i use my mogul, a netgear 4 port hub. and my laptop...u need to bridge the connections on your laptop...the connect both to the hub and your good to go.. thats what i did...

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 05:36 PM

okay, anybody know away to do it with out using a computer

nolo25 09-08-2008 06:17 PM

a yo don im still stuck I heard if u have a wireless hub that connects to the phone and through wifi phone to ps3 but my hub isn't wireless so im still looking if u find anything let me know and I will do the same

reeg420 09-08-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donyal1990@yahoo.com (Post 407830)
okay, anybody know away to do it with out using a computer

Yah I know. I was reading the thread and I wasnt sure where people were goin with this.

So what are you trying to do.

1. Using the data connection from your provider to play online games.

2. Play movie/music files from the ppc on your ps3.

With the games. If its possible you probably can do it with wmwifirouter that was suggested earlier. Then set up the ps3 for the wireless internet connection. Dont have my ps3 on so Im not sure.
Not sure if that would even work. Im not sure if its fast enough. Should work to get the ps3 connected to the internet. Not sure of games though. If your just looking to use the ps3 for internet and even general computer stuff check out Yellow Dog Linux. I actually installed that on mine and my buddys ps3. His girl actually used it for a while when their computer broke. Its actually pretty nice..I mean for a operating system on a ps3. Gets the job done.

On the second one Id love to know how to do that. I currently do it with my laptop. I have it set up as a media server through nero8. But Id love to be able to do it with my phone.

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-08-2008 08:15 PM

I just want to use it for internet my computer took a crap and I'm building a new one at the moment the ps3's web browser is good enough for me, anybody have a link for the wmwifirouter, if you tried to use the internet connection from the mogul for internet gaming it would probably be to slow to have fun, some one send me the link and I'll try it on my mogul and let you know how it turns out

themuffinman 09-09-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolo25 (Post 390586)
You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!

i already have wmwifirouter on my phone but nothing works for the ps3 plus the ps3 already has wifi.

how bout if i buy a hub and use my phone as modem will the ps3 work then?

Now to actually use, wmwifirouter you have to setup a adhoc. Without that wmwifirouter will not work. Now I have done this before and it works flawlessly over xboxlive so it should work with your ps3. Anyway if you haven't set up a adhoc yet you need to do the following:

start>settings>connections>wifi>menu>add new>then put it any name for your network, also select the second box device to device(adhoc)>next> then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish.

Now run wifirouter and wait for it to finish setting up, you ps3 should now see the network

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-10-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 408258)
Now to actually use, wmwifirouter you have to setup a adhoc. Without that wmwifirouter will not work. Now I have done this before and it works flawlessly over xboxlive so it should work with your ps3. Anyway if you haven't set up a adhoc yet you need to do the following:

start>settings>connections>wifi>menu>add new>then put it any name for your network, also select the second box device to device(adhoc)>next> then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish.

Now run wifirouter and wait for it to finish setting up, you ps3 should now see the network

I followed the steps as you have them listed in your post and the ps3 did not find my mogul when I went to scan

reeg420 09-10-2008 06:32 PM

Ive never used wmwifirouter but it would seem that you would have to turn that on first. Then scan for available networks on the ps3. I could be wrong though.

Ive read the site and it says that it turns the phone into a wifi hotspot. So Im assuming its the same as what Ive done at my house. Setting the ps3 up for wireless connection and scanning for my router.

spiritcrusher33 09-10-2008 06:50 PM

wmwifirouter wont work with psp\ps3..ds/etc... thats why i had to use a hub and my laptop....

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-14-2008 08:14 AM

so no one has done this successfuly

donyal1990@yahoo.com 09-17-2008 04:37 PM

there has to be a way to make this work

Krayziepop 09-17-2008 04:54 PM

I have never tried this before myself, so it may or may not do the trick...

http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0806019/

Routes the nets through a hardware access point, which the PS3 should be able to connect to in Infrastructure mode. I know at the very least that a Wii can only connect in Infrastructure mode, not Ad-Hoc - my ventured guess is that the PS3 may have similar limitations (without looking I dont know for sure..)

Hope this helps/works for you. :)

themuffinman 09-22-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donyal1990@yahoo.com (Post 410212)
I followed the steps as you have them listed in your post and the ps3 did not find my mogul when I went to scan

Just remember that your wifi switch must be turned on on your mogul before you get started with the directions I gave you. But like someone else said maybe it doesn't work on your ps3 but I have tested this on my 360 several times and have work flawlessly every single time

nolo25 09-23-2008 08:03 PM

muffinman do u use ur computer or labtop cause i have the ps3 without computer or labtop using the internet sharing fix and wmwifirouter and nothing works. what do u do diff cause if it works on urs it deff should work on ps3. hit me back

nolo25 09-23-2008 08:09 PM

a muffinman this part dont understand, then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish. reaSON BEING IS CAUSE DATA ENCRYPTION IS WEP

donyal1990@yahoo.com 06-29-2009 08:11 PM

Has anyone ever used a computer and hub to connect to the internet thru the mogul succesfuly