PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31139)

chadtic 07-05-2008 10:32 AM

Help!

I bought a used htc ppc6800. It was originally a Sprint phone. It is supposedly unlocked and ready to be flashed to any carrier other than Sprint. The seller said the phone had a bad ESN and wouldn't be able to be used on Sprint network in the US. I use a local rural Oklahoma carrier called Pioneer Wireless. They have the HTC ppc6800 in stock, but said the get them straight from HTC with a generic load so the phone will take their Pioneer Wireless settings, but they have no software capabilities to get my phone back to these settings. Is there anything I can do to g! et the phone I purchased back to the original load generic htc setting s, so I will be able to use my local network?

guitardoc64 07-05-2008 11:49 AM

Re: Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadtic (Post 337211)
I bought a used htc ppc6800. It was originally a Sprint phone. It is supposedly unlocked and ready to be flashed to any carrier other than Sprint. The seller said the phone had a bad ESN and wouldn't be able to be used on Sprint network in the US. I use a local rural Oklahoma carrier called Pioneer Wireless. They have the HTC ppc6800 in stock, but said the get them straight from HTC with a generic load so the phone will take their Pioneer Wireless settings, but they have no software capabilities to get my phone back to these settings. Is there anything I can do to g! et the phone I purchased back to the original load generic htc setting s, so I will be able to use my local network?

Try a hard reset, and when the popup comes up saying the device will customize in 3 seconds soft reset to prevent the Sprint customizations from running. Or unlock and flash a noid custom ROM.

chadtic 07-05-2008 02:29 PM

I read about the hard reset method on htc website, will that allow my local rural carrier to program their settings into phone? Also, will they have problems programming if the phone has a bad esn?

guitardoc64 07-05-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadtic (Post 337361)
I read about the hard reset method on htc website, will that allow my local rural carrier to program their settings into phone? Also, will they have problems programming if the phone has a bad esn?

AFIK it should allow them to set it up if the Sprint customizations don't run. If the phone has a bad ESN that may present problems activating it on any network, but I really don't know for sure.

peblo224 07-05-2008 04:52 PM

If it has a bad esn with sprint, then its almost impossible to activate it with Sprint. But i think it can still be activated with another carrier because the esn is black listed in the SPRINT database.

orionsbuckle 07-05-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardoc64 (Post 337244)
Try a hard reset, and when the popup comes up saying the device will customize in 3 seconds soft reset to prevent the Sprint customizations from running. Or unlock and flash a noid custom ROM.

Just wondering.......i have a sprint mogul still on the sprint network...if i do a hard reset and then when the device comes back up and says will customize in 3 seconds and i do that soft reset...my phone will still work on the sprint network....just it wont have all the sprint stuff on it right? just wondering.

s4n3_0n3 07-05-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionsbuckle (Post 337473)
Just wondering.......i have a sprint mogul still on the sprint network...if i do a hard reset and then when the device comes back up and says will customize in 3 seconds and i do that soft reset...my phone will still work on the sprint network....just it wont have all the sprint stuff on it right? just wondering.

it wont make any diffrence it just wont install the apps from sprint that they add to the phone other then that the phone will still work it doesnt make a diffrence