PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cellcom

krlseidl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why do HTC Phones not pull in a signal

I used to have a Motorola RAZR that could pick up a cell tower signal like you wouldn't believe. Since I spend a lot of time in northern Wisconsin this was an important feature.
6 months ago I switched to an HTC PPC6800. I love the capabilities that Windows mobile gives me. I get TV from my slingbox and use Remote desktop to connect to servers at work. However, I have found that in the same areas where I got a strong signal with my RAZR the HTC phone can barely operate. Also when the signal dgrades from EV status to 1X calls will not ring on the phone and go right to voice mail. I have missed several important support calls because of this.
Yesterday after complaining to my Cellcom rep he said I should come in and try out an HTC TouchPro 6850. In the company store this phone could not even get a strong enough signal to complete receiving a call. The rep had to step outside with it. I decided to pass on the exchange.
Is this common to HTC phones? Is there a fix? If not I will be looking real hard at the Omnia 2 when it is released.

Last edited by krlseidl; 09-11-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Why do HTC Phones not pull in a signal

Actually the opposite for me. I used to have a Razr 3m prior to my Titan. Got very bad reception in my house and at work with the Razr and very good reception with my Titan.

Have since gotten an Airave though for my house which works great.

David
Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VZW

jetdavdub is a n00b

yes why! i have a 6800 and a touch pro and my 6800 gets 3 bars where the pro gets 1.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i'll just throw in my 2 cents,
while there have been better receivers out there i've had HTCs outgun my brother's samsungs and even a sanyo (and sanyo is known for quality reception) using the Titan/Mogul/6800 and the Touch Pro easily outdoes my Pre
While not the best, HTCs usually aren't bad for reception. It could be a problem with your hardware at which point just trade it out. If you want to try fixing it first dig around the Titan forum and find a new "Radio" I've heard those can help a lot
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cellcom
Threadstarter

krlseidl is a n00b

Thanks for the info. But after reading the troubles that others have gotten into trying to mod Cellcom phones I think I will just wait until my contract is up and then a testing we will go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan