PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

rehab5656 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rehab5656
Screen Replacement

I cracked my screen about 2 months ago and I got a brand new screen today. But there is one problem.. I don't know how to do replace it. Does anyone have a guide or set of instructions they could tell me?
Chuck Norris qualified with a top speed of 324 mph at the Daytona 500, without a car
Old 06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Screen Replacement

When you slide it out, on the back side of the screen, there are some screws in the corners. loosening those might allow you to take off the face plate.

just a guess though.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch PRO 2/Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

chris308 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to chris308

i think i seen a vid on YT that showed how to field strip a mogul...

Old 06-24-2008, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: TMOUS

ksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is a very dificult phone to take apart. But Im going to try to break it down for you.
1. Remove the battery cover, battery, and stylus.
2. remove the 4 screws inside the battery compartment. You will need a T6 to do this. The screw on the lower left should have a white sticker covering the screw head.
3. Using something like a guitar pick, you will need to remove the back housing from the main board and key board. Slide the keypad open and starting just below the space bar wedge the pick betweine the keyboard and edge of the housing. Slide the pick in both directions around the keyboard until the back housing is loose and you can easily remove it by hand.
4. Using a small philips screw driver, remove the 4 screws on the main board that hold it to the keyboard. There are two along the very top edge of the phone and two along the bottom edge of the phone.
5. Carefuly lift and slide the mainboard to the right so you can see the ribbon cables attached to the underside of the main board on the left.
6. Slide the guitar pick betwine each of the 3 ribbon cable attachment points on the main board and turn the pick like a key to pop the cables loose from the board. The last part of this step takes a bit of force. Pull the ribbon cables away from the main board as they are attached with cloth tape.
7. Remove the tape holding the camera to the video ribbon cable.
8. Now remove the 4 silver screws you see on the back of the keyboard with a philips screwdriver. This will remove the keyboard from the front housing slide mechanizm. Remove the keyboard from the front housing.
9. remove the 4 philips screws son the top and bottom cover plates, then remove the plates with your guitar pick.
10. Remove the only silver philips screw you can see. Then using the same method we used in step one, pop the front housing from the black metal plate and slide asemblely.
11. Using your pick pop the silver ribbon cable (the one that had the silver screw in it) loose from the front navigation keys.
12. Push, the screen from the front side to pop it loose from the front housing. It is held in by cloth tape so a few peices of tape will break but that is normal.
13. Near the screen you will see a large flat ribon cable that is silver and covered with cloth tape. Remove the cloth tape to expose the screen connection.
14. You will see a small ribbon cable going into a brown and white clip attached to the big ribbon cable. Lift up on the brown end of the clip and it will release the small screen ribbon cable from the clip.
15. Installitation is the reverse of removal.

Hope this helps you replace your screen. If you have any other questions or need clarification please let me know.

SPC's at the click of a button, Now that's working at sprint speed.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Screen Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksemt7781 View Post
This is a very dificult phone to take apart. But Im going to try to break it down for you.
1. Remove the battery cover, battery, and stylus.
2. remove the 4 screws inside the battery compartment. You will need a T6 to do this. The screw on the lower left should have a white sticker covering the screw head.
3. Using something like a guitar pick, you will need to remove the back housing from the main board and key board. Slide the keypad open and starting just below the space bar wedge the pick betweine the keyboard and edge of the housing. Slide the pick in both directions around the keyboard until the back housing is loose and you can easily remove it by hand.
4. Using a small philips screw driver, remove the 4 screws on the main board that hold it to the keyboard. There are two along the very top edge of the phone and two along the bottom edge of the phone.
5. Carefuly lift and slide the mainboard to the right so you can see the ribbon cables attached to the underside of the main board on the left.
6. Slide the guitar pick betwine each of the 3 ribbon cable attachment points on the main board and turn the pick like a key to pop the cables loose from the board. The last part of this step takes a bit of force. Pull the ribbon cables away from the main board as they are attached with cloth tape.
7. Remove the tape holding the camera to the video ribbon cable.
8. Now remove the 4 silver screws you see on the back of the keyboard with a philips screwdriver. This will remove the keyboard from the front housing slide mechanizm. Remove the keyboard from the front housing.
9. remove the 4 philips screws son the top and bottom cover plates, then remove the plates with your guitar pick.
10. Remove the only silver philips screw you can see. Then using the same method we used in step one, pop the front housing from the black metal plate and slide asemblely.
11. Using your pick pop the silver ribbon cable (the one that had the silver screw in it) loose from the front navigation keys.
12. Push, the screen from the front side to pop it loose from the front housing. It is held in by cloth tape so a few peices of tape will break but that is normal.
13. Near the screen you will see a large flat ribon cable that is silver and covered with cloth tape. Remove the cloth tape to expose the screen connection.
14. You will see a small ribbon cable going into a brown and white clip attached to the big ribbon cable. Lift up on the brown end of the clip and it will release the small screen ribbon cable from the clip.
15. Installitation is the reverse of removal.

Hope this helps you replace your screen. If you have any other questions or need clarification please let me know.
thank you very much.. i will most probably try it tomorrow
Old 06-25-2008, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
i think i seen a vid on YT that showed how to field strip a mogul...
I could not find any videos on it.. found on on the dash and iPhone and treo, but no mogul.. and yes i know bad english
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor

theres a video of some chick removing the case from the mogul to replace it with a black one, that would probably help you out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHXgVBd3j8
Old 06-25-2008, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post
theres a video of some chick removing the case from the mogul to replace it with a black one, that would probably help you out

yea.. i was searching the wrong thing
Old 06-25-2008, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, potential Blackberry World edition user
Carrier: Alltel provides the minutes, but PpcGeeks is my service...

Flakmunkey is keeping up the good workFlakmunkey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Flakmunkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post

Lmao... How many ppl read this thread, saw the words "video of some chic" and were all ears?? *raises hand* how many people are going to then look up said video in curiosity of forementioned female? *raises hand...again*
Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: TMOUS

ksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularksemt7781 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah but, that "some chick" is a moron. The video is kinda helpful just because you can see what im talking about in my previoius post. That being said, she has no idea what she is doing, all im saying is Know your source

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan