PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Using mogul as internet to connect with xbox live (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29425)

djhes 06-17-2008 06:37 PM

Re: Using mogul as internet to connect with xbox live

ive used my wifirouter for xbox live also playing gears of war, but it lags pretty bad...it would be dope to play camping tho or on a road trip...

Scrufdog 06-17-2008 08:03 PM

i've never had a lag or server drop problem while playing online. Maybe I just have gotten lucky that I generally stay in major cities for work, and they have Rev. A

Either way, try it out and see how it works for you.

jrflurry 06-17-2008 09:25 PM

I use my phone for 360 all the time and i have never lag. Rev A is awesome! For some reason though the same is not so true with my PSP. The PSP lags bad when im online.

jackstraw 06-17-2008 11:02 PM

believe it or not, game consoles use very little bandwidth, it is designed using a 64k spec as the majority of the people with hi speed connections do not very good bandwitdh to begin with as well as being connected to a network with others using the connection. Consoles also prioritize allocation of bandwidth and if it wasn't capped then others could not be on line at the same time as a gamer. I believe the mogul would ba a good access point as long as the reception is good.

gator2k83 06-18-2008 07:35 AM

I use my Sprint Mogul For XBL on my 360.. My setup is as follows..

Mogul USB to Laptop Via Internet Sharing app on phone Connects to Sprint not phone as a modem (used the disable NAI regedit and changed the big 3 from 1 to 0)

In Vista on my laptop I have the connection from the mogul (windows mobile based RDNIS device shared with my lan connection..

From there it goes into my routers WAN port so no need for crossover cable.

The router handles all the local computers/devices DHCP..

One of my Ethernet ports on the router is connected to the xbox 360..

Whenever I have my mogul hooked up to laptop I can instantly turn on the 360 and get on live and have no problems with lag on live games...

I have hosted and played games on GTA IV with as many as 12 players so far.

This method works best for me. I think its due to taking the Wireless step out reduces any overhead or additional lag in the connection. i get around 100ms pings while tethered this way on speedtest.net and I am in an EVDO connection area.

Hope this setup will help some of the people who need to get thier XBL fix in a pinch when they might not have any other means of getting online.