PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$
Re: HTC Diamond Dialers for TITAN / 6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfitzek View Post
Running 6.1 cooked rom, installed HTC dialer, installed White version, phone gets "no service" now.

Any ideas? I can't get into any of the ##menu's either.
The HTC Dialer might break the 911 and ## functions. I have not tested this but a user posted that it worked for him, so I figured it would be an alternative.

Have you tried it by installing the Mogul Big Button Dialer and then the White one?

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Old 06-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfitzek is a n00b

Ok, reinstalled HTC dialer, then the White dialer and phone works now (get service again), but still no ##. Also, the white dialer is not coming up as white, it's actually a part black (numbers) and white (* # and history and arrow).
Old 06-14-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok, reinstalled HTC dialer, then the White dialer and phone works now (get service again), but still no ##. Also, the white dialer is not coming up as white, it's actually a part black (numbers) and white (* # and history and arrow).
Yeah, I think the HTC Dialer is a GSM Dialer that uses different images to create a dialer.

Uninstall the HTC Dialer and White Dialer.

Go to the first post of this thread and download the Mogul Big button dialer and install that first and then the White dialer. This should work (Well at least it worked for me)
Old 06-14-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have updated some information. A user misinformed me of the HTC Dialer and I had to restructure the installation guide.

Check the first post for Up to Date News.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfitzek is a n00b

Thanks for the update, but I uninstalled all the dialer programs, re-installed per your instructions and now the dialier is big, but the button don't map correctly. Still responding like they are in the default dialer locations. Also, using the white version, it did not do anything to the dialer, no white buttons at all.

Some of it may be due to my custom rom (Used PPC kitchen for WM6.1 based off leaked Rom for sprint)

I have a complete backup from right before I started trying these files, I'm gonna restore to that state and try to start clean. Maybe that HTC dialer you had earlier goofed me too.

*edit:
Well, restore didn't work in allowing me to get the white dialer working. Actually now I have no dialer, just a white screen. Removing the custom dialers did not restore the default dialer either. It actually still dials and works, but the screen is completely white. Looks like it's gonna be time to re-flash the rom anyways, clean up everything I've been play with.

Last edited by rfitzek; 06-15-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc mogul 6800/xv6800
Carrier: sprint

cbat is a n00b

peepeesea, the first post in the thread has both the dialers clearly separated. If you scroll to the beginning of the thread, look at the middle, then the links are underlined. The description is above the link. Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc mogul 6800/xv6800
Carrier: sprint

cbat is a n00b

peepeesea, the first post in the thread has both the dialers clearly separated. If you scroll to the beginning of the thread, look at the middle, then the links are underlined. The description is above the link. Hope this helps. I pasted the links here for you.

Black Dialer
http://rapidshare.com/files/12111319...ond_Dialer.EXE

White Dialer
http://rapidshare.com/files/12107421...ler__CDMA_.EXE
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for the update, but I uninstalled all the dialer programs, re-installed per your instructions and now the dialier is big, but the button don't map correctly. Still responding like they are in the default dialer locations. Also, using the white version, it did not do anything to the dialer, no white buttons at all.

Some of it may be due to my custom rom (Used PPC kitchen for WM6.1 based off leaked Rom for sprint)

I have a complete backup from right before I started trying these files, I'm gonna restore to that state and try to start clean. Maybe that HTC dialer you had earlier goofed me too.

*edit:
Well, restore didn't work in allowing me to get the white dialer working. Actually now I have no dialer, just a white screen. Removing the custom dialers did not restore the default dialer either. It actually still dials and works, but the screen is completely white. Looks like it's gonna be time to re-flash the rom anyways, clean up everything I've been play with.
For some reason DCD's and no2chem's new roms are having issues with dialer. Either the custom ones don't install and work or they have some popping up issues.

I am using an old version of DCD's mixed with some of my own component, it's not as new but it is fast, reliable, and stable. Custom Dialers work on mine.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
Which Dialer are you referring to? The White Button or Black button?

Yes I can change the background image to a different one but I chose to package it like this because I wanted something that was easy on the eyes, Diamondish looking, and that would have a functional smart dialer.

I have created other dialers in the past. Those are not diamondish but just custom / random dialers with different images.
Sorry for responding so late. I'm using the black button dialer.

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Major Update

Me and Superflysocal from XDA have created more Diamondish Dialers.

I have posted them here in case you guys want to check them out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...682#post323682

enjoy
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan