PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
screen cleaning/maintnance for mogul

I have had my mogul for a short while and notice how there are already slight scratches forming and also smudges. How do you keep your screen in good condition?

PS I have already been through the cheap skin protector that came with it.

Thanks for your time...
Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: screen cleaning/maintnance for mogul

Scratches I was wondering about myself I have a few light ones, if anyone knows of any types of scratch removing pastes that they've had good experiences for I'd like to know.

And for cleaning I use a microfiber cloth that people use to clean eye glasses with and for those hard to get smudges isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab. I was tempted to use Windex but I didn't know if the screen had anti-glare coating which ammonia would remove.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would never recommend any cleaners for lcd screens of any type.. my original mogul (10months) without a screen protector, there are only a few super tiny scratches that I don't even notice. I clean it with my god given breath and cotton shirt.

granted, i'm paying for insurance/repair service.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't understand why people don't put screen protectors on. Screen protectors are dirt cheap. I am still on my original one and not a mark on it, I have only had it 5-6 months.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

i mean with out the protecter I use a eye glass cleaner cloth..its lint free an it picks up small stuff lick dirt particals GREAT!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I don't understand why people don't put screen protectors on. Screen protectors are dirt cheap. I am still on my original one and not a mark on it, I have only had it 5-6 months.
I've had my phone for about 10 months, and only used a screen protector for the first 2 weeks or so I had the phone. I took it off once I realized that I could never scratch it enough to look as bad as it does with the screen protector on.

I'm very abusive with my phone, it has huge rock gouges in it from being dropped. I use my fingers on the display even when it is very dirty. I clean the display with spit and my shirt. I keep the phone in the side pocket of my jeans.

However, it has no visible scratches on it aside from a couple hairlines ones a mm or two in length that you can only see if you are REALLY looking for them. Screen protectors are worthless IMO, even if my screen had been scratched it really never would look as bad as it does the moment you put a screen protector on, however, the screen still looks pristine and as I said I am VERY abusive with my phone.

Oh, and $20+ for a screen protector after shipping is not dirt cheap.

Last edited by holo; 06-03-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I use Read Right Screen Kleen Gel with a soft micro-fiber cloth for PDA's. You can find both at Wal-Mart or and computer store.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
I've had my phone for about 10 months, and only used a screen protector for the first 2 weeks or so I had the phone. I took it off once I realized that I could never scratch it enough to look as bad as it does with the screen protector on.

I'm very abusive with my phone, it has huge rock gouges in it from being dropped. I use my fingers on the display even when it is very dirty. I clean the display with spit and my shirt. I keep the phone in the side pocket of my jeans.

However, it has no visible scratches on it aside from a couple hairlines ones a mm or two in length that you can only see if you are REALLY looking for them. Screen protectors are worthless IMO, even if my screen had been scratched it really never would look as bad as it does the moment you put a screen protector on, however, the screen still looks pristine and as I said I am VERY abusive with my phone.

Oh, and $20+ for a screen protector after shipping is not dirt cheap.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...ingular/Detail

This is cut to the exact size of the Mogul's screen, and it was maybe $10 after shipping. You're probably thinking of Invisibile Shield's skins, which did get to the $15-$20 range. Even then, however, I think they were worth it (probably because it was for the first-gen Nano... *shudders* never again...). This site uses the same military-grade material. It's way beyond any other screen protector I've used; unless you're looking at the far edges of it, you won't even know it's there. The great thing about the Mogul is that when other cell phone aficionados notice it, they ask to see it. On more than one occasion, they asked why I didn’t have a screen protector on. They were more than surprised to find there was, in fact, already one there.

Those minor scratches may not bother you, but the fact that they're there kind of contradicts the "pristine" state you claim your screen to be in. The other great thing about this particular screen protector is that whatever marks are left when something strikes it can easily be polished away with a pass or two of the finger.

Keep in mind this is all my preference. You don't seem to mind beating your phone to within an inch of its life, but I can't stand marks. I freak every time I find a new dent in my car, but I'm getting more used to it considering it's parked in a university lot on a daily basis. The only time my phone leaves its Seidio case is when I go clubbing (when every millimeter counts).

Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

forvisor is a n00b

I use write shields from pocket pc techs. They a great and they don’t have adhesive like cheap screen protectors have. They go on with out bubbles most of the time and if you do it right you can’t even tell that it is there. They have two different kinds anti-glare and clear. I have only used the clear they seem like they could last for ever. http://www.pocketpctechs.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I let the scratches happen and then use the same wet-sanding method that is used for finishing drywall...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan