PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
SBP Mobile Shell 2 & Pocket Plus - HELP

Anyone using both of these products together? I have installed them on my wife's Mogul and I want to be able to have Mobile Shell as her Today Screen as a tab in Pocket Plus or have Pocket plus be one of the 4 shortcuts at the bottom of the Mobile Shell Now Screen. Is this possible?

Also, how do a add device lock to Now Screen ?

Thanks as always guys & gals.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:35 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: SBP Mobile Shell 2 & Pocket Plus - HELP

????????????

Just trying to get someones attention
Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JUSTinOC is a n00b

I have a Mogul and have been playing around with BOTH Pocket Plus and Mobile Shell and as far as i can tell, I don't think any of those is possible (not through the settings anyways). I had to force myself to choose between the two programs. Having both was a waste. Pocket plus has alot more funcionality, but I like the UI of HTC Home instead. So I use HTC Home for my today screen and leave Mobile Shell mapped to the right soft key to easily navigate through programs etc. Still debating using Pocket plus and HTC Home instead. Might not help much but it is what it is. Anybody else?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Anyone using both of these products together? I have installed them on my wife's Mogul and I want to be able to have Mobile Shell as her Today Screen as a tab in Pocket Plus or have Pocket plus be one of the 4 shortcuts at the bottom of the Mobile Shell Now Screen. Is this possible?

i use both of these on my xv6800.
I use Mobile Shell menu on the today screen, plus Pocket Plus, as auto-hidden tabs directly above it.
see the print screen.
I have GPS, Memory and Weather as Pocket Plus tabs, and the Mobil Shell Launcher directly underneath.

if you are looking to make the actual Mobile Shell NOW screen, AS your actual Today screen, there is a hack you can do. ..
search around and you may find it. or try this thread HERE.

Last edited by Nickles; 05-16-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Cool. Thanks for the replys.

I thought I saw in the Youtube video of Mobile shell that Pocket Plus could be incorparated or the other way around
Old 05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JUSTinOC is a n00b

well if you do find a way, post up. Might help some others out as well.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 running DCD 3.0.1
Carrier: VZW

old_school_dave is a n00b
I run pocket plus 4.02 and mobile shell 2. They work well together. Mobile shell is the better menu for today. With that you can embed any of the pocket plus plug-ins as a custom tab (replacing the useless dialer tab).
Old 05-17-2008, 08:50 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I was using them both at same time and seperate, however to me they just seem to leak to much memory throughout the day, even over night. some days i was reseting more than once a day. am now back to using wisbar since i really like they changing of upper/lower bars and such and i have noticed no memory drop as of yet.
cant wait for diamond to hit shelves, i will be fisrt in line and if that power and looks dont help then i will be jumping the windows bandwagon all together i believe.......
Old 05-17-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: srpint

lasteclispe is just getting started

i also use both. i used pocket plus for my today screen and the normal mobile shell interface. IMO its the best setup for a WM6 phone.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post

No not really. The best you can do is insert the Mobile Shell "home portion" today plugin into pocket plus, or you can put the entire Pocket Plus inside the Mobile Shell and the PP tabs will align at the bottom. I agree with the memory leak using PP and Mobile Shell. I finally gave up on PP cause it just slows everything down and the scrolling was not that great anyways. So know I use the "Home portion" launcher with Diary below it on my todayt screen and have my softkeys set to launch different mobiel shell windows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan