PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

shifty1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Odd connectivity issue

I tried searching around for another post about this but didn't find one. Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but when I attempt to have WeatherPanel and email connect for some reason it doesn't actually connect. I can use IE, Sling and Newsbreak without an issue. I end up soft resetting my phone and then things are OK for a few hours before I run into this again. It's almost like the apps that should be connecting on their own on a schedule are the ones causing problems. Any thoughts?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Odd connectivity issue

In WP go to Settings/Connection and confirm that the "Auto Update Data" box is checked. Also, what is the update interval of WP?

late,
Coz
Old 04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nuelo is just getting started

What version of Windows ROM are you using? How are you connecting? Wi-fi, USB, BlueTooth, Data plan?
Radio Version: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL 2.47
"To copy ideas from one person is plagiarism. To copy ideas from many people is research."
Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

In WP I do have the auto-update checked off and I initially had the intervals at 30 minutes but updated this to 1 hour. Didn't seem to make a difference. I tried unchecking and then rechecking this. I am on ROM 3.35.651.2. I hadn't had any issues since upgrading in mid-March but this seems to have changed about 4 or 5 days ago. I have been connecting using Wi-Fi and the data plan and neither really worked differently. This is just weird and something I haven't seen since getting the Mogul last August. I had been putting the phone into "airplane" mode while at work since the signal isn't very good in the office to save battery power. I turn it back on when I leave work and this is typically when I start to see this problem. I will leave it on for a few days to see if this is why but I hadn't had this issue before.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

Two possible solutions:

First, check the settings of each application and be sure that the program is set to use your data connection for suto update. Some weather programs are set to only update when synced to a computer, and some are set to use WiFi only.

Second, when you place your phone into Flight mode, it disables ALL connections. Reenabling the phone connection will allow you to make and receive calls, but you need to activate a data connection as well to get it going again. Open up a web page or do a manual send/receive in your email program and watch for the "Dialing" message at the top of the screen. When it's connected, your auto updates should resume.

CaptainX2001
Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please note that all opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone; they DO NOT represent the opinions of Sprint Nextel. I am NOT authorized as an official spokesman for Sprint. Any information, answers, or advice I give is based on my knowledge and personal experience. Anything I post on these forums relating to Sprint Nextel is subject to change at any time.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

OK, I haven't used the flight mode the last two days and yesterday I didn't see this problem at all but then today, it started again. I can use IE without a problem now but when I try to connect to get emails it stays on the connecting status and won't connect. WP is also holding and not connecting as well. I have a data connection active and other apps are working when I ask to refresh. I suspect that WP might be the problem so I might uninstall this for a few days to see what happens. Of course, after resetting, this all works OK again for a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan