PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
XV6800 and SPB Mobile Shell 2.0

We i have played around with SPB software on my old treo 700wx some and thought why not with my new XV6800... first i tried spb phonesuite, not to happy with performance, run spb finance without a hitch, tried spb pocket plus also didnt like the same ole stuff and performance. that led me to the new mobile shell 2.0, thought the old version was plain but the new 2.0 is WOW! love it no performance issues and it looks great and is way better than before.... used pointui on treo and didnt even attemt it on titan but this blows away pointui all to hell!!! so much easier to navigate.
Well thats all, just wanted to share with everyone. try it for yourself and post what you think about it.
later, Don
Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

dre3625 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XV6800 and SPB Mobile Shell 2.0

yeah the SPB mobile 2.0 is great... I actually have Pocket Plus 4 installed on my phone too... I like the plug for the home screen better but the SPB Mobile menu is wayyyyyy better then the cube... and the performance is not even close to it...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
dearls

How is pocket plus 4 doing for performance? is it slowing down your system? are you running a xv6800? i have thought about pocketplus4 but do i really need it if i am running mobile shell?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Lurker

nytoy is a n00b

I just want to run the pocket plus for the close feature, I Wish there was a lighter program that could do this. It's such a PITA to constantly go to the running programs screen and close programs.

**EDIT found HTC X-Button program which does just that**

Last edited by nytoy; 03-11-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

dre3625 is a n00b

honestly pocket plus runs smooth on my mogul... and like i said i got pocket plus and sbp mobile shell running at the same time
Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

greatest thing about some spb pieces is their default theme selection besides everything else.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

nikon858 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytoy View Post
I just want to run the pocket plus for the close feature, I Wish there was a lighter program that could do this. It's such a PITA to constantly go to the running programs screen and close programs.

**EDIT found HTC X-Button program which does just that**

new rom has that built into windows.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
dearls

Well after a few days of runnning mobile shell I love it except for one problem that will lead me not to use it and its a shame because i really do like it very much and that is the major drain on battery life (even with battery hacks) doesnt matter i notice a big diff in battery life now
*Guess we can never have it all with these devices, but what else would we do with our time if we didnt have them*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan