PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recommendation Please.... How to get Bookmarks in an AudioPlayer?

Received such good/quick feedback on my last question that I figured I'd throw this one out there too.

I have over 200 audiobooks, +music, +video...and I want to be able to stop out of a book and be able to play something else and then be able to come back and play where I left off.

Each audiobook is broken down to multiple mp3's, one mp3 per each chapter, just like songs in an album.

If I could at least have it remember which mp3 was played last in each playlist then that would be great, although perhaps not ideal. Some of these books have just one long continuous mp3, so it would be beneficial to know just exactly where I left off in that specific file.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 verizion
Carrier: Verizon

Azcrusier is a n00b
Warning this is long.
I am not an expert on this issue however I have been chasing the same problem since I got my first PPC 6700. When I bought the new 6800 I was hoping that the problem would be resolved. What I have discovered is it is not the device that is the problem.

First some basic file information is needed in order to understand the problem. Audio books are available in two formats that have book marking flags imbedded in the data stream. One format is designed and used on IPODS the file type suffix is .AAC (this file type is copy protected) , the other type that is used on MP3 players, that file type is .AA (also copy protected). The .AA files are available from the company called Audible.

For 2 years I have been loading books on my IPOD that I have purchased on CD using a program called “Markable” it available at the following site
http://www.ipodsoft.com/site/pmwiki.php?n=markable.Homepage

This software converts the CDs to MP3 format w/bookmarks and then converts to copy protected .AAC format for the IPOD. Both formats will work on the IPOD, if you use the AAC format it then shows up in the Audio Book folder and not the music library (this is where books in MP3 format will show up).

Now back the 6800 problem. I have tried loading books that have been converted to MP3 format with book marks on both the 6700 and the 6800 without success. They will play but if you stop the book and go to something else the book MP3 file just starts over again. I have tried this on several other MP3 players and they have all behaved the same way. If you down load a book from Audible the file plays just like the IPOD audiobook. Audible book files have the .AA file extension.

I have search for a software that would convert MP3 book marked files to .AA type files without success. In researching Markable information, they do not offer an .AA conversion only for .AAC the IPOD format. If anyone knows of a program that can make the conversion our problem I think would be solved.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
A few years ago I successfully cracked .AA encryption via Lame & TotalRecorder, and converted the files to .mp3
That can not be reversed, so don't even try to convert anything to .AA
The problem is in the player and not necessarily the file format.

What we need is a simple player that allows bookmarks/tags to be placed on any of the files in a playlist so that when we open the playlist it will allow you to continue to play exacly where you left off, or failing that - it could at least have ability for you to write annotions on the file so that you can just type the time you left off at and perhaps whatever details about the part you're interested in to review later.

This would be a rather lucrative endeavor for anyone wishing to make some serious $$$$$ on a simple but highly desired program.
Maybe if I get the time I'll do it myself.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Recommendation Please.... How to get Bookmarks in an AudioPlayer?

Solution found...

MortPlayer allows bookmarking, as well as opening where you last left off within a track.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...am&action=list
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan