PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

secondechomatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tom Tom issues

I am attempting to run tom tom on my mogul and am encountering some problems. I have the maps, but don't know where to put them.

Some have suggested putting a folder in the card labeled "maps". That didn't work.

I tried labeling it "USA Maps" and nothing. I really only need the Michigan ones, is that my issue, do I have to install the whole maps packet? arrgh. 4 gb card needs to be here asap!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

a_lazy_dude is just getting started
Re: Tom Tom issues

the bummer with tomtom is that all of its folders (and there's like 10 of them or some crazy thing) need to be on the root of your SD card, including the maps folder and some random loose files. I'm not sure if the precise folder name makes a difference or not, but mine is named "USA_and_Canada"

as far as only loading up specific areas, those maps are all sold seperately on TomTom's website, and seem to be broken down by region, not by state (i.e. midwest, midatlantic & new england, etc). as far as i know there's no way to extract certain regions from the all inclusive USA_and_Canada map.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

secondechomatt is a n00b

bah. ok. Time to buy a card, I guess! lol

thanks!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc vx6800
Carrier: cricket

1smoothcat is a n00b

Cool thread. My problem with TomTom is that everytime I try to install on my Mogul, it says not a vaid ppc program or something like that. So I try to put the App in my documents that doesn't work either. I have tried almost everything. I have a 4gig card also.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smoothcat View Post
everytime I try to install on my Mogul, it says not a vaid ppc program
that message is usually an indicator that you're trying to run a PC-based installer from the phone. try running it from your PC with the phone connected via activesync.

that aside, i've never seen or used any pc-based installer for tomtom... if you've got all the files on your SD card, you just pop the card into the phone and you'll be automatically whisked away into the TomTom install process (or, if it's already installed, it'll autorun the entire app... which, admittedly, is pretty annoying)
Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

TainaMarie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TainaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to TainaMarie Send a message via Skype™ to TainaMarie

Hi, I tried to get the US & Canada maps for FREE as there is a one time deal with TOM TOM to get a MAP for free but didn't work. Will you share your MAPs with Me. If so, can you ZIP them and post. =D>
Old 03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Use TomTom Home on your PC / Laptop. Use it to install TomTom from file or CD/DVD onto you PPC. Then use it to install maps.

I had all of these issues until I used TomTom home.

If you don't have an original DVD / CD there is always the "download a ISO from your favorite torrent site and use a optical disk drive emulator" option.

I have the USA Maps and Europe Maps.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

03LXV6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lazy_dude View Post
that message is usually an indicator that you're trying to run a PC-based installer from the phone. try running it from your PC with the phone connected via activesync.

that aside, i've never seen or used any pc-based installer for tomtom... if you've got all the files on your SD card, you just pop the card into the phone and you'll be automatically whisked away into the TomTom install process (or, if it's already installed, it'll autorun the entire app... which, admittedly, is pretty annoying)
You can delete the autorun.inf file from the card.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:46 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
You can delete the autorun.inf file from the card.
thanks for the tip man, but I just tried that and it didn't work. Deleted the autorun.inf from the root, ejected & reinserted the card, and tomtom booted right up. I was under the impression that the "2577" folder determines what gets autorun when you insert the SD card. I've tried removing that folder, which actually does prevent TomTom from autorunning, but it also has the nasty side effect of preventing tomtom from launching whatsoever, even when using the shortcut from the Programs folder. Any other ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan