PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data and Voice same time with rev A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
sounds like no. video buffer prob ran out and dl timed out.
but that's only if i stay on the phone line for longer than 2 mins... if i get off the phone sooner nothing drops and preformance continues, dl's dont time out, or even disconnect...

something happens but it somehow gets aborted....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started

Currently, it isn't working like that...

if it were, then I wouldn't have had to hang up with the Sprint Rep to test my e-mail account today. Definitely voice or Data one at a time.. not concurrently.

I would suspect that the 2 minute mark everyone keeps talking about is simply an inactivity timeout.

phaZed
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tavella is a n00b

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution-Data_Optimized

Potential competing standards
Motorola proposed a new system called 1Xtreme as an evolution of CDMA2000, but it was rejected by 3GPP2 standardization body. Later, a competing standard called EV-DV developed by Qualcomm, Lucent, Nokia, Motorola, etc. in 3GPP2 was proposed as an alternate evolution of CDMA. EV-DV stands for Evolution-Data and Voice, since the channel structure was backwards compatible with IS-95 and IS-2000 (1xRTT), allowing an in-band network deployment. (EV-DO requires an overlay network when deployed in mixed mode.)

At the time, there was much debate on the relative merits of DV and DO. Traditional operators with an existing voice network preferred deploying DV, since it does not require an overlay. Other design engineers, and newer operators without a 1x voice network, preferred EV-DO because it did not have to be backward compatible, and so could explore different pilot structures, reverse link silence periods, improved control channels, etc. And the network cost was lower, since EV-DO uses an IP network and does not require a SS7 network and complex network switches such as a mobile switching center (MSC). Also, equipment was not available for EV-DV in time to meet market demands whereas the EV-DO equipment and mobile application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC) were available and tested by the time the EV-DV standard was completed. As a result, the EV-DV standard was less attractive to operators, and has not been implemented. Verizon Wireless, then Sprint Nextel in 2004 and smaller operators in 2005 announced their plans to deploy EV-DO. So in March 2005, Qualcomm suspended development of EV-DV chipsets, and focused on improving the EV-DO product line.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Threadstarter

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

I knew all of this but what is it's relevance to the topic at hand. EV-DV by default would have had a channel for voice and a channel for data by definition. But my understanding is that a lot of the tech in EV-DV was built into revisions for EV-DO since it was not used anywhere else. I am open to being proven wrong, but I think that is how it all works.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

thesupersperm is a n00b

if im using internet on my mogul, no calls come thru unless its in idle. i do however recive texts. so ev-do rev.A will let my calls come thru while online?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersperm View Post
if im using internet on my mogul, no calls come thru unless its in idle. i do however recive texts. so ev-do rev.A will let my calls come thru while online?
call from a landline to see. i'm wondering if this may be rom dependent as well, it's worked for me on 3.16 and Nuerom build 5049.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Threadstarter

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Technically it is capable of allowing you to talk and surf at the same time. The question is whether Sprint has enabled it on the leaked ROM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Post Master General

it has not been confirmed yet wheter this has been enabled by sprint, but i've had limited success with this for 1-2 mins at a time....
Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bogeyman02 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to bogeyman02 Send a message via AIM to bogeyman02 Send a message via Yahoo to bogeyman02

This is probably the only thing I have disliked about Sprint. I had ATT in the Portland are, and on their 3G you could have a voice phone call and browse the internet. Ick for Sprint on this one.

Device history:
HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Palm Treo 800w (Sprint)
HTC PPC-6800 Mogul (Sprint)
Sanyo Katana DLX (Sprint)
Motorola KRZR K1M (Sprint)
Samsung a900 (Sprint)
Palm Treo 750 (at&t)
Palm Treo 650 (Cingular)
Motorola MPx200 (AT&T Wireless)
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Post Master General

be patient, just like everything else with our phones, either they will eventually enable this or we'll find a way to jailbreak it lol....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan