PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19825)

dkincaid 03-01-2008 07:54 PM

EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue

So, as I'm sure a lot of you did, I upgraded yesterday to the Unlimited Everything plan with Sprint. I noticed last night that my phone was being focrced into 1X. I figured it might be tower issues in the area by my work so I figured I would wait until I got home to see if it continued. Sure enough, the problem remained.

After a 1 hour call with a clueless CS rep that ended by him recommending I clear out my IE cache and cookies... (WTF?!!) I finally got someone ackowledge that these issues were cropping up all over the place with people who were being moved to the new plan.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm running the new radio/rom. Could this somehow be flagging my account to not allow me to connect?

2) Is anyone else seeing this issue?

3) Should I try to flash back to stock to see if that clears up the problem, or just hang tight?

4) How fast does a Cheetah run?

afx 03-01-2008 11:09 PM

Re: EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue

It might have taken some more time for your phone to prevision the new plan, no problem if it takes a while.

and Im on SERO so no switching for me :)

blasphemous_prime 03-01-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 199181)
So, as I'm sure a lot of you did, I upgraded yesterday to the Unlimited Everything plan with Sprint. I noticed last night that my phone was being focrced into 1X. I figured it might be tower issues in the area by my work so I figured I would wait until I got home to see if it continued. Sure enough, the problem remained.

After a 1 hour call with a clueless CS rep that ended by him recommending I clear out my IE cache and cookies... (WTF?!!) I finally got someone ackowledge that these issues were cropping up all over the place with people who were being moved to the new plan.

1) I'm running the new radio/rom. Could this somehow be flagging my account to not allow me to connect?

3) Should I try to flash back to stock to see if that clears up the problem, or just hang tight?

i have the answer to number 4... 72 MPH.

Goddbody 03-01-2008 11:19 PM

Well a Cheetah runs a heck of a lot faster then sprints data speeds. I'm certain about that.

stroths 03-01-2008 11:28 PM

Depends on which Cheetah you are talking about. That's also the name of the Treo 750 and it runs at 300MHz :)

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=568

dkincaid 03-01-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 199312)
i have the answer to number 4... 72 MPH.

72 is about the combined IQ of the entire CS staff at Sprint...

guitardoc64 03-01-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 199181)

go to phone/options/services/mode of operation. Select either hybrid or EVDO only. while in that menu it's also a good idea to go to internet and reprovision.

dkincaid 03-01-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardoc64 (Post 199327)
go to phone/options/services/mode of operation. Select either hybrid or EVDO only. while in that menu it's also a good idea to go to internet and reprovision.

It was already set to Hybrid, I've reprovisioned multiple times today in hopes that maybe they have discovered the problem.

blasphemous_prime 03-01-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 199323)
Depends on which Cheetah you are talking about. That's also the name of the Treo 750 and it runs at 300MHz :)

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=568

I thought it'd be more like 312 like the CDMA Treos to be exact according to the specs.

~i'm an idiot, i dunno nuthin~

EtherealRemnant 03-01-2008 11:56 PM

Hmm... after seeing this, I think I'll keep my 49.99 SERO a bit longer... I was going to jump to the unlimited plan but if there are EVDO issues, I'm stayin where I'm at until its fixed.