PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19825)

dkincaid 03-01-2008 07:54 PM

EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue

So, as I'm sure a lot of you did, I upgraded yesterday to the Unlimited Everything plan with Sprint. I noticed last night that my phone was being focrced into 1X. I figured it might be tower issues in the area by my work so I figured I would wait until I got home to see if it continued. Sure enough, the problem remained.

After a 1 hour call with a clueless CS rep that ended by him recommending I clear out my IE cache and cookies... (WTF?!!) I finally got someone ackowledge that these issues were cropping up all over the place with people who were being moved to the new plan.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm running the new radio/rom. Could this somehow be flagging my account to not allow me to connect?

2) Is anyone else seeing this issue?

3) Should I try to flash back to stock to see if that clears up the problem, or just hang tight?

4) How fast does a Cheetah run?

afx 03-01-2008 11:09 PM

Re: EVDO / Everything Unlimted Plan Issue

It might have taken some more time for your phone to prevision the new plan, no problem if it takes a while.

and Im on SERO so no switching for me :)

blasphemous_prime 03-01-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 199181)
So, as I'm sure a lot of you did, I upgraded yesterday to the Unlimited Everything plan with Sprint. I noticed last night that my phone was being focrced into 1X. I figured it might be tower issues in the area by my work so I figured I would wait until I got home to see if it continued. Sure enough, the problem remained.

After a 1 hour call with a clueless CS rep that ended by him recommending I clear out my IE cache and cookies... (WTF?!!) I finally got someone ackowledge that these issues were cropping up all over the place with people who were being moved to the new plan.

1) I'm running the new radio/rom. Could this somehow be flagging my account to not allow me to connect?

3) Should I try to flash back to stock to see if that clears up the problem, or just hang tight?

i have the answer to number 4... 72 MPH.

Goddbody 03-01-2008 11:19 PM

Well a Cheetah runs a heck of a lot faster then sprints data speeds. I'm certain about that.

stroths 03-01-2008 11:28 PM

Depends on which Cheetah you are talking about. That's also the name of the Treo 750 and it runs at 300MHz :)

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=568

dkincaid 03-01-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 199312)
i have the answer to number 4... 72 MPH.

72 is about the combined IQ of the entire CS staff at Sprint...

guitardoc64 03-01-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 199181)

go to phone/options/services/mode of operation. Select either hybrid or EVDO only. while in that menu it's also a good idea to go to internet and reprovision.

dkincaid 03-01-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardoc64 (Post 199327)
go to phone/options/services/mode of operation. Select either hybrid or EVDO only. while in that menu it's also a good idea to go to internet and reprovision.

It was already set to Hybrid, I've reprovisioned multiple times today in hopes that maybe they have discovered the problem.

blasphemous_prime 03-01-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 199323)
Depends on which Cheetah you are talking about. That's also the name of the Treo 750 and it runs at 300MHz :)

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=568

I thought it'd be more like 312 like the CDMA Treos to be exact according to the specs.

~i'm an idiot, i dunno nuthin~

EtherealRemnant 03-01-2008 11:56 PM

Hmm... after seeing this, I think I'll keep my 49.99 SERO a bit longer... I was going to jump to the unlimited plan but if there are EVDO issues, I'm stayin where I'm at until its fixed.

dkincaid 03-02-2008 12:12 AM

Finally got the problem resolved. I'm totally irritated though with Sprint. I honestly do not believe that their customer service can get any worse than it already is. I was right all along about what I felt the problem was. I FINALLY talked to someone in CS who actually listened to me and was able to solve the problem.

For whatever reason, when they put the new plan into effect, the wrong data code was input into the system. This caused my connections to be forced to RTT 1X. Once the proper code was put in, everything was fine. It's just a matter of finding someone who has a clue.

I spoke with two employees and two supervisors today and none of them were able to find the problem. It wasn't until I called in to check the status of my ticket (which I was lied to about, it was never created) that I spoke with someone who was able to solve this. What a disaster. They better get their problems solved soon.... Cheap plans are only going to take you so far. I use my phone for business and can't afford to deal with this kind of ridiculous corporate behavior.

DonC 03-02-2008 10:25 PM

dkincaid,
I am seeing the same issue now on 2 of my moguls since I switched them over to unlimited. My 3rd one is still on a old 550 minute a month plan and is not having problems.
I have talked to CS, advanced support, and I am now waiting on network services to call me back. Do you know exactly what code they put in? Advanced support did verify on the 2 accounts that EVDO is active but agrees that this is an account issue from the switch over to unlimited. I can connect over to 1X RTT with no issues but only when I attempt to use EVDO will it bomb out.

Oh and just a note.. You might want to verify your billing on this. They stated they show that I am now being billed $745 a month for my 3 lines. Nice job on this conversion to the new billing system and the new plans...Apparently this is just an issue that will be resolved when my billing cycle is up but I had them note it just to be safe.