PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How do you Clear messaging value on today screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18132)

raystro 02-09-2008 06:16 PM

How do you Clear messaging value on today screen

Can somebody give me a hand with this? For some reason my messaging notification on my htc home screen and the stock plug in are showing four emails in my inbox while there are zero in all my mailboxes. I've totally cleared my inboxes for all accts. ](*,)

djg08642 02-10-2008 01:53 AM

Soft reset?

dwizzy130 02-10-2008 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raystro (Post 181917)
Can somebody give me a hand with this? For some reason my messaging notification on my htc home screen and the stock plug in are showing four emails in my inbox while there are zero in all my mailboxes. I've totally cleared my inboxes for all accts. ](*,)

here u go this should fix ur problem...just unzip it and run the .exe.
hope this helps,
dwizzy130

raystro 02-10-2008 02:43 AM

Thank you so much! It's the people in these forums that make spending all this money on phones worth while and fun!!!

dwizzy130 02-10-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raystro (Post 182230)
Thank you so much! It's the people in these forums that make spending all this money on phones worth while and fun!!!

yup, no problem!
dwizzy130

momovt 02-13-2008 04:00 PM

That file didn't seem to work for me. I have the SMS as well as the text messaging notification. My SMS will say I have 3 new messages, meanwhile I dont have any, and when I go back to my today screen, all of a sudden it's back to zero. The count is randomly posted even without me having received new messages. This is happening for both my SMS messaging and Text. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

benoldcrap 02-13-2008 09:55 PM

that file also didn't do anything for me either. my message count is still at 1 even though there are no new messages. are there any other solutions for resetting the message count?

dwizzy130 02-13-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benoldcrap (Post 185994)
that file also didn't do anything for me either. my message count is still at 1 even though there are no new messages. are there any other solutions for resetting the message count?

u did run the exe and see it go through the list clearing all the counts?

benoldcrap 02-13-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwizzy130 (Post 186012)
u did run the exe and see it go through the list clearing all the counts?

yeah...the application ran fine, and it said ok next to everything as it went through all of the folders, but my text count is still at 1. I'm about to upgrade to a newer 6.1, so hopefully when I restore my inbox, it goes away. If it doesn't though, it would be nice if there was a way to clear that out.

dwizzy130 02-13-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benoldcrap (Post 186020)
yeah...the application ran fine, and it said ok next to everything as it went through all of the folders, but my text count is still at 1. I'm about to upgrade to a newer 6.1, so hopefully when I restore my inbox, it goes away. If it doesn't though, it would be nice if there was a way to clear that out.

ok my last suggestion is to go to hkcu/system/state/messages in the registry...there u will find all the accounts...when u open one of them u will see the folder unread..inside there is a key that says count...change that to 0 and u should be good.
hope this helps,
dwizzy130