PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

inswva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incoming call announce w/ MSVC 1.6 and winmo 6.5?

I've searched high and low (here, google, xda-developers) and haven't yet stumbled upon the fix for the issue I'm experiencing.

I'm running Tplane37's 21501 6.5 build and MSVC 1.6.19209. Voice command works great except I'm not getting incoming call announcements. I tried to revert to 1.6.17913 but that totally freezes my phone at boot up.

FWIW, incoming call announcements were working great on Winmo 6.1 (DCD 3.2.6) and MSVC 1.6.17913.

Thoughts?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Incoming call announce w/ MSVC 1.6 and winmo 6.5?

there is fix, ill see if i can find it for you.

Edit-Couple of Reg Edits. I had this saved to a Word Document, as soon as i find the thread, i will post the link here to give credit where credit is due.

As stated before, this registry edit gets announcements to work:

Edit this registry key:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:
HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), if my BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headset instead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 5, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 04-24-2009 at 11:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

riphamilton is just getting started

it's been discussed a million times before.... i'm not blaming the OP for bringing this up again, i'm blaming MS for not releasing a new retail version of VC in about 3 years.

MSVC will not read incoming text messages with winmo 6.1 on the mogul on any sort of consistent basis whatsoever. if it did, i would get a lot more sleep at night because i wouldn't have to get up to read.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wouldnt you have to be awake to listen to MSVC say your text anyways???
Old 04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jamey_fields is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jamey_fields Send a message via MSN to jamey_fields Send a message via Yahoo to jamey_fields Send a message via Skype™ to jamey_fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
it's been discussed a million times before.... i'm not blaming the OP for bringing this up again, i'm blaming MS for not releasing a new retail version of VC in about 3 years.

MSVC will not read incoming text messages with winmo 6.1 on the mogul on any sort of consistent basis whatsoever. if it did, i would get a lot more sleep at night because i wouldn't have to get up to read.
I would have to turn my ringer volume off at night when I either get text / email messages. I never had much of a problem with it...I'm on wm6.5 now; Just make sure that "High Priority Messages only " isn't checked, that worked for me.

Last edited by jamey_fields; 04-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized
Carrier: Sprint

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a reg hack for MSVC to not read emails! Text messages i love to hear those, but not every email! Someone help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan