PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pgdeaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb troubleshooting tips

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on Mogul specific troubleshooting tips.

Please stay on topic and keep the suggestions positive. The last thing the forum needs is another rant thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------

My first tip would be backup your data and do a hard reset back to a Sprint ROM (2.17).

Do not install anything yet and see if you still have the issue. Then only load your programs one at a time and see if the issue you are having is still an issue or is related to an application you installed.

I have seen tons of posts about "I have xxxx problem" and here is the list of my installed apps "................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................."

Having a bunch of limited test applications installed when you are trying to troubleshoot an issue adds too many variables. Honestly, how much QA do you think that application you just downloaded for free or paid less than $30.00 for received in the development cycle.

I only have one "memory resident" application installed other than voice command and honestly I don't have many of the issues with my mogul described here on this forum. Is my mogul perfect? No. Is it better than my Apache? Absolutely.

Good luck!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
I would add to not do any registry tweaks or change any settings initially either. No power saving tweaks, no Sprint-only roaming, etc. on your clean hard reset and see if you still have the problem. Then if you still have the problem, first try any tweaks or settings that have been suggested as a fix for your problem before doing any other installs or changes and see if that fixes your problem.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Try to recreate issue without any X close apps. They're notorious for causing strange problems.

...and for God's sake, don't let any carrier customizations run if you're using a kitchen or custom ROM!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgdeaner View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on Mogul specific troubleshooting tips.

Please stay on topic and keep the suggestions positive. The last thing the forum needs is another rant thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------

My first tip would be backup your data and do a hard reset back to a Sprint ROM (2.17).

Do not install anything yet and see if you still have the issue. Then only load your programs one at a time and see if the issue you are having is still an issue or is related to an application you installed.

I have seen tons of posts about "I have xxxx problem" and here is the list of my installed apps "................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................."

Having a bunch of limited test applications installed when you are trying to troubleshoot an issue adds too many variables. Honestly, how much QA do you think that application you just downloaded for free or paid less than $30.00 for received in the development cycle.

I only have one "memory resident" application installed other than voice command and honestly I don't have many of the issues with my mogul described here on this forum. Is my mogul perfect? No. Is it better than my Apache? Absolutely.

Good luck!
I thought the entire forum was mostly devoted to troubleshooting tips..... and one thread is supposed to contain them all?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

pgdeaner is a n00b
Red face More than just tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
I thought the entire forum was mostly devoted to troubleshooting tips..... and one thread is supposed to contain them all?
There is an incredible amount of information here on this forum, some of it general and some of it is very specific.

What I was asking for here are general tips for troubleshooting. Kind of like a "Try this before you post" thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan