PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

Nuked53 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Mogul User

So, my mogul *should* be here on Thursday, I'm pretty darn excited haha

I chose the Mogul over the Touch recently because I'm a college student (yay for the planner) and a BIG texter (13,xxx in the last month), plus the slide out keyboard is kinda cool.

What I was wondering was what should I expect when starting up my Mogul for the first time? I mean what are some things i should be worried about? I just recently discovered that it might not be as easy to SMS as I would like, and my friend that works at sprint says that sometimes he gets calls saying their Mogul froze up on them.

One thing that I've noticed that I like about the Mogul is how customizable it is, I was wanting an iPhone for awhile just because i liked the OS, and when I realized that I could put the OS on other phones, I decided on the Mogul, because of the keyboard, i was also looking at the Voyager, and I still might if i decide i don't like the Mogul.

So, with that being said, what do you guys suggest i get for my phone so that it runs a little smoother out of the box? Could I get links with some of the suggestions too? That would be great.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look at my thread, and thank you even more if you reply.

Blake
Old 01-08-2008, 12:03 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
You should take a look at New Mogul Owner...first downloads?. Ive uploaded a bunch of them in the last post which you can see HERE
also PPC-6800/Titan FAQ's

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 01-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Welcome Nuked53!

As Darkness231 already has indicated, please begin by reading a few of the beginner forums and sticky threads. There is a tremendous amount of information here and as you have already concluded, you will find just about everything here to customize your phone to your liking. From iphone themes to the Touch cube, complete theme ideas, hack, tweaks and even custom rom's to tailor your device to your liking. There are some seriously smart & creative geekers here...

Feel free to ask whenever the answer has eluded you and your searches are fruitless; we want newcomers to exercise the search features as the moderators and crew have done well to make finding your request simple and easy!

Welcome to PPCGeeks!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:19 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Welcome Nuked53!
We want newcomers to exercise the search features as the moderators and crew have done well to make finding your request simple and easy!

Welcome to PPCGeeks!
Just remember when using the search function any word that is less than 3 characters has to have a * at the end for the search to be executed correctly
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Welcome Nuked53!

As Darkness231 already has indicated, please begin by reading a few of the beginner forums and sticky threads. There is a tremendous amount of information here and as you have already concluded, you will find just about everything here to customize your phone to your liking. From iphone themes to the Touch cube, complete theme ideas, hack, tweaks and even custom rom's to tailor your device to your liking. There are some seriously smart & creative geekers here...

Feel free to ask whenever the answer has eluded you and your searches are fruitless; we want newcomers to exercise the search features as the moderators and crew have done well to make finding your request simple and easy!

Welcome to PPCGeeks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
Just remember when using the search function any word that is less than 3 characters has to have a * at the end for the search to be executed correctly
Dang dudes, you sound like forum moderators

They said it all! The list of first downloads is pretty much everything you need to get started and release the power of the Mogul!

Just don't go overboard with software or you'll find that you're closing programs just to start the camera!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

drew826 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuked53 View Post
One thing that I've noticed that I like about the Mogul is how customizable it is, I was wanting an iPhone for awhile just because i liked the OS, and when I realized that I could put the OS on other phones, I decided on the Mogul, because of the keyboard, i was also looking at the Voyager, and I still might if i decide i don't like the Mogul.
I hope you meant interface rather than OS. The iPhone operating system will not run on other phones. Currently the only usable operating systems on the Mogul are Windows Mobile 5 and 6; the only possible future operating systems will be linux-based. Don't plan on ever seeing the iPhone OS on the Mogul.

That being said, there are programs that emulate the iPhone look and feel. You can install themes that look like the iPhone and programs that let you navigate the touchscreen with your fingers similar to the iPhone. I don't know where to find them though, and expect them to be a little buggy.

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nuked53 is a n00b
Actually, yea, I meant interface, I had a brain fart haha
Old 01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

drew826 is a n00b
Haha, no problem. Just glad to know you didn't make an ill-informed decision.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nuked53 is a n00b
Also, I was wondering if there is a notification light like there has been on all my other phones, whether it blinks red or anything doesn't matter, it'd be great if there was one, in all the videos I've seen there's a green service light (i don't know what that is, but that's what i'm assuming since that's what the green light has been on my other phones) but I wasn't sure about a notification light
Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Yes. There is an orange flashing notification light for any missed calls, emails, or whatever. The phone will flash green when it is fine.

Also, when WiFi is on, another green light on the left flashes. When battery is low, the green light on the right side begins to flash red. When bluetooth is on, the left side flashes blue! Quite a light show!

Left Side:
Bluetooth-blue
WiFi-Green

Right Side:
Notification-orange
Low battery-red
Standard-green

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan