PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jaggy13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul not recognizing storage card.

Just picked up a Micro SD card (2 gig) works in my laptop but my mogul doesn't recognize it.

I would expect the mogul from suspend mode to "wake up" when the SD card is inserted. It has no reaction.

I have tried another known working card (512) same result.

I have formatted the card (fat 32) and also quickly scanned the registry to make sure nothing was disabled. everything appears to be fine.

I am sure this is a hardware issue, my concern is that this 6800 was an insurance upgrade from my 6700. I love this phone, everything else works fine so far. I am a little more motivated to find a solution myself to ensure I get to keep this platform.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
If you have TEP. Sprint should replace it at no charge through a repair center store since this is a warranty-type issue not an insurance-type issue.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jaggy13 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
If you have TEP. Sprint should replace it at no charge through a repair center store since this is a warranty-type issue not an insurance-type issue.
Thats a good call. I may go that route if needed. The issue there is I am out the phone for a few days. (my virtual key software is on it)
another concern I have is, with my 6700 it took 3 phones to get one that actually worked correctly. (blue tooth and reception in my house)

I have searched this forum and a couple other places and havn't found any "known issues" so I'll probably initiate something next week and see where it takes me.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
umm, not to state the obvious, but have you actually opened up a file explorer, going to the root of your device and seeing if you see the card that way? My xv6800 doesn't wake upon insertion, but my card is recognized.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 01-12-2008, 02:57 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jaggy13 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
umm, not to state the obvious, but have you actually opened up a file explorer, going to the root of your device and seeing if you see the card that way? My xv6800 doesn't wake upon insertion, but my card is recognized.
I guess I breezed by the obviouse, but yes, I did check it that way and also by browsing across from my laptop when dongled. Also checked the registry to see the entries for the directory and manually created them, the icon for the card appears as it would with a card but fails to see the card.

Most recently I have also had an opportunity to confirm with another 6800 that my card works on his (view test directory on card) and my 6800 fails to recognize his.

My only other step before actually turning it in for service will be a hard reset (which I will do before service anyway). Just curriouse if anyone had history with this issue.

Thanks for the replies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan