PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mikkni is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash to 1.40 radio

I have searched for this but all the different threads are confusing. My question is this; is there any way to flash to 1.40 without having to unlock the phone? I am not a guru with the mogul but this new 1.47 radio is junk, people call me 10 times without my phone ringing. If it is possible thats great, otherwise i might just have to flash back to 2.09. thanks for the help
Old 12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Lurker

sup191 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkni View Post
I have searched for this but all the different threads are confusing. My question is this; is there any way to flash to 1.40 without having to unlock the phone? I am not a guru with the mogul but this new 1.47 radio is junk, people call me 10 times without my phone ringing. If it is possible thats great, otherwise i might just have to flash back to 2.09. thanks for the help
I'm not sure if you have tried this or not, but:

FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

Also, when I first got my Mogul, it suffered from the exact same problem. My friend called me seven times in four hours and my Mogul never rang once OR logged that I missed a call. The above tweak helped the phone ring quicker when it did pick up a call. What I did was call Sprint. The first rep transferred me to a technician who saw that when my Mogul was set up, (I switched from a Samsung A940) there was some setting on their end that was set to all zeros. He updated whatever the setting was and I have never missed a call yet. (to my knowledge) Maybe giving Sprint a call and asking to speak to a tech may solve the problem. (If they'll put you through)

If your phone was working fine before the update, then ignore everything I just wrote, because you'll know the radio is the problem.

sup191

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan