PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   AIM messenger for Mogul? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13629)

temptnation 12-12-2007 12:21 AM

AIM messenger for Mogul?

I had a treo 700wx for a few months and didn't bother to figure out how to get AIM on that phone...so how do I get it on my new Mogul without downloading it from sprint?
(obviously a new owner)

Otter 12-12-2007 01:04 AM

Download from the source site and copy the cab file over by connecting your phone to your computer and dragging it from your computer to your phone's explorer window.
Or you can visit the program's page and download it while on your phone...But I tend to find using my computer is faster...

If you're looking for aim clients, the only ones that come to mind are:
Slick, Palringo, and the official one which is available from aim.co.uk I think...

Abyss 12-12-2007 01:22 AM

IM+ does them all.
The software is made by ShapeServices. Sorry I don't have a link... I am on via my phone.

temptnation 12-12-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 140932)
Download from the source site and copy the cab file over by connecting your phone to your computer and dragging it from your computer to your phone's explorer window.
Or you can visit the program's page and download it while on your phone...But I tend to find using my computer is faster...

If you're looking for aim clients, the only ones that come to mind are:
Slick, Palringo, and the official one which is available from aim.co.uk I think...

not sure where to download the CAB file from exactly. i have AIM on my computer but the setup.exe file doesn't install a CAB file.
i tried downloading from aim.uk.co and that installed fine on my phone but the port isn't configured correctly and gave me an error msg. i guess it defaults to some UK setting?
slick didn't work either...another error msg when i tried to sign in on my phone.

help?

temptnation 12-12-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyss (Post 140946)
IM+ does them all.
The software is made by ShapeServices. Sorry I don't have a link... I am on via my phone.

costs $25...might as well get it through sprint. not looking to spend money bc i don't IM enough to justify spending the money

akijikan 12-12-2007 03:07 AM

Maybe instead of making demands and asking people to find stuff for you, you could do a forum search (I suggest trying the software forum). Also google finds stuff.

superevilllama 12-12-2007 11:47 AM

there is another thread with the exact same question and the exact same info...

either way.. here is a link again..

ftp://ftp.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/s...cket%20AIM.cab

It is also available in OEM form..

Vertigo 12-12-2007 11:58 AM

has anyone try the one that come with the Touch on the Mogul? I keep getting errors!

Vertigo 12-13-2007 08:03 AM

anyone?!?!

temptnation 12-14-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akijikan (Post 140978)
Maybe instead of making demands and asking people to find stuff for you, you could do a forum search (I suggest trying the software forum). Also google finds stuff.

i DID search for it...everything i downloaded didn't work on my mogul