PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Titan is the same as the XV6800...It's aVailable! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12632)

scottishwarrior 11-29-2007 01:45 PM

Funpunx,
Pm Imcokeman for instructions. I did the Alltel WM5 dump with his help. You can also search for mtty on xda. That's what I used, but I think coke may have easier way. When you receive it please post the rom details or a screen capture of the device info screen. TIA

Jay

Edit: Stroths you beat me to it. LOL

funpunx 11-29-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishwarrior (Post 132158)
Funpunx,
Pm Imcokeman for instructions. I did the Alltel WM5 dump with his help. You can also search for mtty on xda. That's what I used, but I think coke may have easier way. When you receive it please post the rom details or a screen capture of the device info screen. TIA

Jay

Edit: Stroths you beat me to it. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 132155)
funpunx, when you get it, log into the chat forum (should be a link at the top of this page for it). Look for ImCoKeMan and he can walk you through a ROM dump. If he's not available, there should be several others there that can.

thanks guys. looks like it just got delivered. now to track down the guy from my mailroom and get my mitts on it.

luv2chill 11-29-2007 03:52 PM

Actually we already have the ROM version that ended up on the shipping XV6800 (2.09.605.8 ), so no need to dump it.

For those of you who have it, it would be great if you could comment on this ROM with respect to some of the major bugs that have plagued this device in the last 5 months:

1. Bluetooth sound quality, volume and stability of connection
2. Slide-out keyboard function in .net apps such as Live Search
3. Alarms not going off if plugged into A/C power
4. Dpad issues (doubtful as that appears to be a 2.16-only anomaly).
5. Memory management

I can see from the dump of the 2.09 Verizon ROM that MMS was not included, which is pretty shocking seeing as it was on the XV6600 and XV6700, and that Alltel managed to include it on their 6800. But in any case, Verizon users can use the newer GSM flavors of Arcsoft (4.x) anyway so no big loss there!

If someone would be willing to pull out the extrom cabs, zip up and upload to the FTP I would like to take a look at them--in fact I suppose it's possible that Arcsoft is in there.

To get to the extrom use total commander and type in \Extended_ROM. You can then copy the cabs over to the storage card or somewhere else on your device and bring over to the PC using activesync/WMDC.

Thanks!

bedoig 11-29-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 132264)
If someone would be willing to pull out the extrom cabs, zip up and upload to the FTP I would like to take a look at them--in fact I suppose it's possible that Arcsoft is in there.

I know that the Arcsoft cab was in the extended ROM on my Verizon 6700. I'd bet its in the extended ROM on the 6800 too.

verizonguy 11-30-2007 11:32 PM

Mine will be here on Monday according to fedex.com. I'll take a look when it arrives.

snilloc 12-01-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JClay (Post 131948)
Yeah, ordered my VZW6800 yesterday… got Online-Order Discount $100, NE2 Discount $100, and Advance Device Discount $100... For a grand total of $199 +tax (free 2 day shipping). Arrives, Friday! Yippee!!!!

...and is it TyTN or Titan????

titan is the cmda also know as the mogul and xv6800 the tytn is the at&t phone the 8525 which is a gsm phone.