PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Exclamation Please help! My mogul isnt working right!

Ok, here is the deal… (I need your help and advice)

I have the HTC Mogul from Sprint. I got it a few months ago and everything was koo. All of a sudden one day it just started missing calls (people call me and it rings on there end but my actual phone wont ring it doesn’t even show me a missed call, on top of that sometimes I wont even get the Voicemail for a day or two later) I took it to the sprint store and the tech said it failed a frequency test and they replaced it. The replacement did the same thing from day one. I got the insurance company to send me a brand new one… Its doing the same thing. I have done PRL updates every kind of reset you can think of and for some reason it just doesn’t wanna work right for me.

Here is the worst part! I went on a job interview for a very large and well known bank. They called me the day after the interview… my retarded mogul didn’t ring. They left a message but my phone didn’t show a missed call or a voicemail until 2 days later. I listened to the message they wanted to hire me but needed me to accept the offer. By the time I got the message and called them back they had filled the position! I am so PI$$ED off!

I was hoping that the new rom (that was supposed to come out yesterday the 22nd) would fix this issue for me but it didn’t even come out! I am fed up with sprint and this phone. Can anyone please help me figure out what the problem is? If I cant get it fixed soon Im gonna have to leave sprint and go to another cell phone company. Who do you suggest? I looked at verizon but they don’t have any good pda’s and AT&T doesn’t have good coverage in my area of southern California. Please help! I wanna keep my mogul and stay with sprint but its hard to pay $80 a month for a phone that’s not working right!

Last edited by jimmiekain; 10-23-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: not enough feedback!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
I would cuss sprint the **** out and DEMAND a different phone besides the Mogul. If they don't meet your demands ditch em. I'm about ready to ditch them myself if they don't get their phones in order. I have never had so many issues with a PPC in my life till I got the mogul. I miss my 6600

P.s. have you tried one of the custom Roms on here? dcd clean rom is super fast then the stock rom and perfer it to the OEM one.

Last edited by JackSchitt28; 10-23-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by steps View Post
I would cuss sprint the **** out and DEMAND a different phone besides the Mogul. If they don't meet your demands ditch em. I'm about ready to ditch them myself if they don't get their phones in order. I have never had so many issues with a PPC in my life till I got the mogul. I miss my 6600

P.s. have you tried one of the custom Roms on here? dcd clean rom is super fast then the stock rom and perfer it to the OEM one.
my exact advice^^^^^^^

try one of the other roms, like the clean one or the wm5 rom, if that doesnt fix your problem, your gonna have to get sprint to give you a different phone, sounds like a bad batch of moguls have been released on your local sprint dealer

Last edited by JackSchitt28; 10-23-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:

Well I dont think its a bad batch of moguls because it was working fine until one day it just started acting stupid! Im almost sure its the network... but when i go to the sprint website and put my address it says i should have full coverage! plus i have had the phone replaced once from sprint and once from the insurance. I think im gonna have to leave sprint. the question is... for who? and what phone??

Last edited by JackSchitt28; 10-23-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
my exact advice^^^^^^^

try one of the other roms, like the clean one or the wm5 rom, if that doesnt fix your problem, your gonna have to get sprint to give you a different phone, sounds like a bad batch of moguls have been released on your local sprint dealer

im new to all this so i dont know how to do all that extra stuff as far as installing a new rom... i tried to do the alltel rom because i heard it had a better radio but it said error and didnt work.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ATT OR TMOBILE...

Att has the HTC tilt which IMO is MUCH better then the Mogul and Tmobile well they have the Wing which compared to the Mogul is inferior and the screen to me is AWFUL.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
ATT OR TMOBILE...

Att has the HTC tilt which IMO is MUCH better then the Mogul and Tmobile well they have the Wing which compared to the Mogul is inferior and the screen to me is AWFUL.

I have been checking the tilt out and it looks koo... but from what i understand the att internet is really slow! plus we dont get good reception for att in my neighborhood. I really dont wanna leave sprint I need a phone that actually works! Do you think i should wait for the touch?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
I have been checking the tilt out and it looks koo... but from what i understand the att internet is really slow! plus we dont get good reception for att in my neighborhood. I really dont wanna leave sprint I need a phone that actually works! Do you think i should wait for the touch?
OR that could work LOL...The touch is "supposed" to come out next month.You could wait to see if Sprint improved on anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

if I ask this question in yahoo answers do any of you think I will get more answers... because I did the rom update today and its doing the same thing!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan