PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Countdown to Mogul downgrade to WM5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10098)

Pibe38 10-22-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 104963)
Did we ever see any evidence DaSuper is a Sprint employee? I don't recall...

Only the small icon and Sprint Employee title under his name/profile.

But that doesn't really say what department they work for, etc.

He also has not posted since 10/11 although the profile says the user was last online on 10/18.

StarmanDX 10-22-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 104963)
Did we ever see any evidence DaSuper is a Sprint employee? I don't recall...

He has a "Sprint Employee" logo, and Buzz is a Sprint-run forum, so the assumption is that he only received it because Sprint acknowledged his employee status, but other than that, no real proof, no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Even on your quote above, it says that the ROM update should be posted by 10/22. That, in my opinion, implies that the date is not set on stone.

I'll be the first one in line to say that Sprint does not keep their promises, has bad customer support and service, etc.

However, in this case, there wasn't really an official announcement. Do I think this Sprint employee was right about posting this info if he/she had no idea about the real date? Of course not. But there's nothing we can do about that.

I'd agree with you that it could be interpreted that way, but the post as a whole seemed to me to imply that 10/22 was more of a deadline date for them, than an initial starting point.

I'd also agree it's not an official announcement because we all know Sprint won't do anything like that :D

I also agree there's nothing we can do about it now, but doesn't it feel nice to vent? ;)

willysp 10-22-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 104967)
Only the small icon and Sprint Employee title under his name/profile.

But that doesn't really say what department they work for, etc.

He also has not posted since 10/11 although the profile says the user was last online on 10/18.

Ok - didn't catch that. tnx

boe 10-23-2007 11:11 AM

Just in case anyone is wondering - tried the Alltel firmware last night - 1 minute into the call - "I can't understand a word you are saying" - Oh well - so much for that. That was with a headset that works great with the 6700 and other phones. I'll try the WM5 firmware update this weekend. If anyone who KNOWS about the BT issue and has actually tested for it and confirmed it goes to WM5 on the 6800 please do post your findings.

DogGuy 10-23-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 105150)
Just in case anyone is wondering - tried the Alltel firmware last night - 1 minute into the call - "I can't understand a word you are saying" - Oh well - so much for that. That was with a headset that works great with the 6700 and other phones. I'll try the WM5 firmware update this weekend. If anyone who KNOWS about the BT issue and has actually tested for it and confirmed it goes to WM5 on the 6800 please do post your findings.

Not sure what help this will be but... On Sprint stock roms my Plantronics 665 was choppy to the point of unusable, but the rom itself was stable. With both WM6 and WM5 Alltel roms my BT sound was cleared up almost completely, however with BT turned on I could crash the Alltel cores at will. Unless I was very careful, my 6800 would not be powering back on from standby so long as BT was enabled. With BT disabled, Alltel's WM5 and WM6 were both very very nice cores. So the Alltel OS did fix the sound, but brought in an equally bad bug of crashing the system. You can see my old thread on it if you search for "I can crash the Alltel OS at will... woot?"

My .02 FWIW,
- DogGuy

Edit -- Side Note: Since I bricked my last 6800 and had Sprint replace it, I have not tested the Alltel roms. When I finish my custom work I'll give it a go and see if the bugs are still the same.

biglee 10-23-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 105150)

That is really surprising. I've been very happy with the Alltel since I flashed it over. Made a huge difference in BT call clarity. I even called my voicemail at my office before and after the flash and the difference was VERY noticable between the two.

Donatom3 10-23-2007 02:56 PM

This was posted by Tristan, one of the sprint admins over at Buzz about Wireless.

Some from the Mogul group is ready this thread because they passed this message along to me.

"It is SCHEDULED to be posted to HTC's website on 10/26. The link is

http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/default.html"

I hope this information helps and apologize for the delay. Check for it tomorrow and let me know if it works.

Here's the link to his post

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/....id=1649#M1649

Tristan