PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Countdown to Mogul downgrade to WM5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10098)

willysp 10-19-2007 09:59 PM

Countdown to Mogul downgrade to WM5

3 days until I downgrade my Mogul to Alltel WM5 ROM so that I can use BT audio.

Have about given up on the supposed Sprint MR release date of Oct 22, but will give them the 3 days days left.

Looking forward to using a BT headset on my Mogul next week for the 1st time - one way or the other!

And then, hoping for a WM6 kitchen someday - but frankly wondering if that will happen. The Mogul seems like a dead product.

stroths 10-19-2007 10:02 PM

I take it the Alltel WM6 ROM did not fix your bluetooth issues? It did for me when I tried that ROM out.

1oddmanout 10-19-2007 10:03 PM

Funny how WM6 seems to work on 6700s but not Moguls. Helmi_C---applause.

TC1 10-19-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 103045)
Have about given up on the supposed Sprint MR release date of Oct 22

That made a lot of sense.... considering that Oct 22 isn't even here yet.

holo 10-19-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

3 days until I downgrade my Mogul to Alltel WM5 ROM so that I can use BT audio.

Have about given up on the supposed Sprint MR release date of Oct 22, but will give them the 3 days days left.

Looking forward to using a BT headset on my Mogul next week for the 1st time - one way or the other!

And then, hoping for a WM6 kitchen someday - but frankly wondering if that will happen. The Mogul seems like a dead product.

A dead product? wth it's by far the most active board on here... mogul is NOT a dead product...

exaflop 10-19-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

umm, maybe im confused, but my 6800 works with my BT headset... why doesn't it work for you?

SINNN 10-19-2007 11:37 PM

My Mogul works excellent. Only complaint is the fact that all my replacements are not as bright as my first mogul. And the backlight is no longer pure hologen white.

JackSchitt28 10-19-2007 11:39 PM

op, you seem a bit confused man. who typed that for you?

SINNN 10-19-2007 11:41 PM

damn.. I just reread it and it sounds fine. Might be cuz im sleepy or your a tard. just kidding. :)

wILLk0r3 818 10-20-2007 03:44 AM

My bluetooth works normally as well. At least I think so, I haven't had any issues with it so far.

jamesus 10-20-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 103047)
I take it the Alltel WM6 ROM did not fix your bluetooth issues? It did for me when I tried that ROM out.

Stroths - Hows the RAM "leak" on the Altell WM6 ROM? I'm using the WM5 one and it's snappy as all hell. Running multiple today screen plugins and programs and still have 17.5 MB left...

willysp 10-20-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 103047)

I haven't tried that ROM yet. Have been living without BT.

I'd planned to go to WM5 since I'm tired of WM6 being slow.

But, good point, I'll try the Alltel 6 first.

willysp 10-20-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC1 (Post 103073)
That made a lot of sense.... considering that Oct 22 isn't even here yet.

You don't understand the background and context, do you? Therefore, please spare me your snotty comments.

The Sprint fix was supposed to be September; that didn't happen.

Then it was supposed to be no later than the 22nd; that looks unlikely given the history, and recent silence on BAW from DaSuper.

willysp 10-20-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo (Post 103075)
A dead product? wth it's by far the most active board on here... mogul is NOT a dead product...

I hope you're right.

willysp 10-20-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exaflop (Post 103077)
umm, maybe im confused, but my 6800 works with my BT headset... why doesn't it work for you?

You'd have to ask the hardware and software engineers at HTC why the Sprint, WM6 combination doesn't work correctly for many people.

You're new here, aren't you? (Read the forums and see what issues exist with BT)

TC1 10-20-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 103283)
You don't understand the background and context, do you? Therefore, please spare me your snotty comments.

The Sprint fix was supposed to be September; that didn't happen.

Then it was supposed to be no later than the 22nd; that looks unlikely given the history, and recent silence on BAW from DaSuper.

Wrong, I know the exact timeline and the history regarding the MR. Your original statment concedes defeat before the fat lady has sung. If that's your nature, so be it.

willysp 10-20-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 (Post 103095)
op, you seem a bit confused man. who typed that for you?

Huh? What do you mean?

willysp 10-20-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC1 (Post 103290)
Wrong, I know the exact timeline and the history regarding the MR. Your original statment concedes defeat before the fat lady has sung. If that's your nature, so be it.

How does the following statement concede defeat?

And thanks for the astute pop-psych observation about my nature! You know me so well!

willysp 10-22-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC1 (Post 103290)

Well the fat lady has sung. Looks like "my nature" of "conceding defeat" was correct.

Onward to the Alltel ROM....

Pibe38 10-22-2007 10:29 PM

You do know the 'Sprint Employee' on the BuzzAboutWireless forums said to check HTC's site after the 22nd, right?

I mean, if you want to install it be my guest... but there could still be time.

StarmanDX 10-22-2007 10:35 PM

Today being the 22nd and it being long past 'working hours' wherever HTC may be (even if they're "out west") and also given that all they released today was WM5 AKU3.3 for the Verizon 6700 (honestly wtf? a dead product from VZ gets support where we have to linger with bugs for months on end?)

Pibe38 10-22-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarmanDX (Post 104927)
Today being the 22nd and it being long past 'working hours' wherever HTC may be (even if they're "out west") and also given that all they released today was WM5 AKU3.3 for the Verizon 6700 (honestly wtf? a dead product from VZ gets support where we have to linger with bugs for months on end?)

I'm just saying the 'Sprint Employee' never said that the 22nd was set on stone. He/she said to look on the HTC site starting on 10/22, that could mean tomorrow, next week, or never.

willysp 10-22-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 104925)
You do know the 'Sprint Employee' on the BuzzAboutWireless forums said to check HTC's site after the 22nd, right?

I mean, if you want to install it be my guest... but there could still be time.

He said "should be posted by 10/22". He then said to check the site on or after 10/22 to avoid version confusion. His 10/8 post from BAW below:

I've just confirmed that The ROM Update which addresses Bluetooth issues should be posted by 10/22 at http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...ownloads.html? The first update is currently posted on this website (Version 2.09.651.3_1.32.00), so in order to minimize confusion, users should not go to download the ROM Update until 10/22 or after.

StarmanDX 10-22-2007 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 104935)
I'm just saying the 'Sprint Employee' never said that the 22nd was set on stone. He/she said to look on the HTC site starting on 10/22, that could mean tomorrow, next week, or never.

Is this post written in some magical language that changes meaning based on who's viewing it because I'm pretty sure it says "by 10/22" not "some random time after 10/22."

Link: http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...id=1410&page=2

Pibe38 10-22-2007 11:03 PM

Exactly... "should be posted by 10/22".

I'm not defending Sprint, or have anything against your decision, just pointing it out.

After all, it's not like you can't just flash to the new Sprint ROM whenever it comes out ;)

Pibe38 10-22-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarmanDX (Post 104946)
Is this post written in some magical language that changes meaning based on who's viewing it because I'm pretty sure it says "by 10/22" not "some random time after 10/22."

Link: http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...id=1410&page=2

If you decide to omit areas of the post, of course what I say doesn't make sense...

From that link:

Quote:

Once that is done, we will have HTC post it on their website where the current MR is posted (HTC calls it ROM Update). We think this can all by completed by 10/22 at the latest
Plus my quote above.

No need to get hostile here, I am just pointing out that Sprint never said anything official about the ROM being released today. For all we know, this person has no idea what he's talking about and was trying to tease us since there were no more posts on that thread.

No 'magical language' here, you just need to quote the whol sentence, at least, for it to make sense. By quoting a couple of words I can make anything out of anything...

StarmanDX 10-22-2007 11:12 PM

edit: this is what happens when people double-post, i make the same points over and over

willysp 10-22-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 104948)
Exactly... "should be posted by 10/22".

I'm not defending Sprint, or have anything against your decision, just pointing it out.

After all, it's not like you can't just flash to the new Sprint ROM whenever it comes out ;)

I'm waiting for the day when, unannounced and out of the blue, we get a nice surprise post from Helmi announcing the 1st Titan kitchen!

At point all of our (yes, that means me too!) complaining about Sprint's lack of support will no longer matter! :=)

willysp 10-22-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarmanDX (Post 104959)
"The ROM Update which addresses Bluetooth issues should be posted by 10/22 at [....... rest of sentence omitted, I hope that's OK with you]"

I don't get where that leaves any room for afters, it just means that a Sprint employee on a Sprint forum put out a date and Sprint didn't meet it. No hostility, but people need to recognize that fact.

Did we ever see any evidence DaSuper is a Sprint employee? I don't recall...

Pibe38 10-22-2007 11:17 PM

I really don't think this discussion is contructive, however, most people have agreed that this was never an official announcement.

Even on your quote above, it says that the ROM update should be posted by 10/22. That, in my opinion, implies that the date is not set on stone.

I'll be the first one in line to say that Sprint does not keep their promises, has bad customer support and service, etc.

However, in this case, there wasn't really an official announcement. Do I think this Sprint employee was right about posting this info if he/she had no idea about the real date? Of course not. But there's nothing we can do about that.

I just don't think a forum post, that wasn't even a thread, just a reply, should be taken so seriously.

Pibe38 10-22-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 104963)

Only the small icon and Sprint Employee title under his name/profile.

But that doesn't really say what department they work for, etc.

He also has not posted since 10/11 although the profile says the user was last online on 10/18.

StarmanDX 10-22-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp (Post 104963)

He has a "Sprint Employee" logo, and Buzz is a Sprint-run forum, so the assumption is that he only received it because Sprint acknowledged his employee status, but other than that, no real proof, no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Even on your quote above, it says that the ROM update should be posted by 10/22. That, in my opinion, implies that the date is not set on stone.

I'll be the first one in line to say that Sprint does not keep their promises, has bad customer support and service, etc.

However, in this case, there wasn't really an official announcement. Do I think this Sprint employee was right about posting this info if he/she had no idea about the real date? Of course not. But there's nothing we can do about that.

I'd agree with you that it could be interpreted that way, but the post as a whole seemed to me to imply that 10/22 was more of a deadline date for them, than an initial starting point.

I'd also agree it's not an official announcement because we all know Sprint won't do anything like that :D

I also agree there's nothing we can do about it now, but doesn't it feel nice to vent? ;)

willysp 10-22-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 104967)
Only the small icon and Sprint Employee title under his name/profile.

But that doesn't really say what department they work for, etc.

He also has not posted since 10/11 although the profile says the user was last online on 10/18.

Ok - didn't catch that. tnx

boe 10-23-2007 11:11 AM

Just in case anyone is wondering - tried the Alltel firmware last night - 1 minute into the call - "I can't understand a word you are saying" - Oh well - so much for that. That was with a headset that works great with the 6700 and other phones. I'll try the WM5 firmware update this weekend. If anyone who KNOWS about the BT issue and has actually tested for it and confirmed it goes to WM5 on the 6800 please do post your findings.

DogGuy 10-23-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 105150)
Just in case anyone is wondering - tried the Alltel firmware last night - 1 minute into the call - "I can't understand a word you are saying" - Oh well - so much for that. That was with a headset that works great with the 6700 and other phones. I'll try the WM5 firmware update this weekend. If anyone who KNOWS about the BT issue and has actually tested for it and confirmed it goes to WM5 on the 6800 please do post your findings.

Not sure what help this will be but... On Sprint stock roms my Plantronics 665 was choppy to the point of unusable, but the rom itself was stable. With both WM6 and WM5 Alltel roms my BT sound was cleared up almost completely, however with BT turned on I could crash the Alltel cores at will. Unless I was very careful, my 6800 would not be powering back on from standby so long as BT was enabled. With BT disabled, Alltel's WM5 and WM6 were both very very nice cores. So the Alltel OS did fix the sound, but brought in an equally bad bug of crashing the system. You can see my old thread on it if you search for "I can crash the Alltel OS at will... woot?"

My .02 FWIW,
- DogGuy

Edit -- Side Note: Since I bricked my last 6800 and had Sprint replace it, I have not tested the Alltel roms. When I finish my custom work I'll give it a go and see if the bugs are still the same.

biglee 10-23-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 105150)

That is really surprising. I've been very happy with the Alltel since I flashed it over. Made a huge difference in BT call clarity. I even called my voicemail at my office before and after the flash and the difference was VERY noticable between the two.

Donatom3 10-23-2007 02:56 PM

This was posted by Tristan, one of the sprint admins over at Buzz about Wireless.

Some from the Mogul group is ready this thread because they passed this message along to me.

"It is SCHEDULED to be posted to HTC's website on 10/26. The link is

http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/default.html"

I hope this information helps and apologize for the delay. Check for it tomorrow and let me know if it works.

Here's the link to his post

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/....id=1649#M1649

Tristan