PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141808)

azbobs 03-26-2011 06:03 PM

Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

Left Incredible Droid and so far I love this phone. I have the extended battery and everything is good. Now just need to root it, you would think Verizon would stop this dung and just root the darn phones!! Then again that would take our fun away!

Cheers,
Azbobs

Buehlar 03-27-2011 04:13 PM

I love my Touch Pro2 but my Thunderbolt should be here tomorrow. It will be my 1st Android device.
I have mixed feelings as I've been committed to the WM platform for quite some time and I hate to see it fade out but I'm also excited about what the present/future brings.

Kliptik 03-27-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehlar (Post 2074665)
I love my Touch Pro2 but my Thunderbolt should be here tomorrow. It will be my 1st Android device.
I have mixed feelings as I've been committed to the WM platform for quite some time and I hate to see it fade out but I'm also excited about what the present/future brings.

Yeah I did the exact same thing. WM for the last 3-4 years, and the TB is my first Android device. So for I'm loving the speed, and the amount of apps in the marketplace as well as the quality of a lot of the free apps. I think you'll be happy.

On a side note, I'll prolly jump to WP7 once VZW drops a decent WP7 device.

socrplar13 03-27-2011 06:37 PM

Droid Incredible and the only thing I miss is the track pad. I actually got use to using it to move the cursor when typing.

gokudre 03-27-2011 07:35 PM

Imagio.. i luved the custom roms esp the project teya that jmart cooked up but i needed something that simply worked out of box smooth. i luved my winmo all the way back to palm treo days, lol. well android here i come.

mdphoenix 03-30-2011 08:25 AM

TP2. I can't say I'll miss it, either. It was a good phone at first. But overall it just sucked. Too slow. Had it replaced 4 times for the damned screen rainbowing. Good riddance.

chezhed 04-04-2011 10:55 AM

http://hoketronics.net/wp-content/up...-cellphone.jpg

Straitup27 04-04-2011 11:44 AM

:laughing3: lol

Kliptik 04-04-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chezhed (Post 2079341)
Image Removed

You will be pleasantly surprised...

Whotahn 04-06-2011 03:06 AM

I left the DInc. I miss the small size in my pockets and that's about it. (Sorry can't wear the hipster pouches....) But everything about the Bolt has made up for the slightly larger bulge in my drawers........ I guess it really isn't a bad thing....lol

Straitup27 04-06-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whotahn (Post 2080559)
i left the dinc. I miss the small size in my pockets and that's about it. (sorry can't wear the hipster pouches....) but everything about the bolt has made up for the slightly larger bulge in my drawers........ I guess it really isn't a bad thing....lol

lmfaoooo!!!

doogie 04-06-2011 03:16 PM

Yeah, how do you follow that post... :P

Moved over from the Touch Pro 2 yesterday and so far, loving the phone, definitely an enthusiast device. As soon as these guys want to start talking WP7 I'm there, definitely disappointed at the lack of video streaming options on Android. Netflix, Hulu, I'm looking at you guys..

Kliptik 04-07-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie (Post 2080775)
Yeah, how do you follow that post... :P

Moved over from the Touch Pro 2 yesterday and so far, loving the phone, definitely an enthusiast device. As soon as these guys want to start talking WP7 I'm there, definitely disappointed at the lack of video streaming options on Android. Netflix, Hulu, I'm looking at you guys..

Both Hulu and Netflix streaming are currently in the works for Android... Just as a heads up in case you didnt know.

nsauceda35 04-09-2011 08:05 PM

I'm coming over from the Desire which I had for over three months before switching carriers. Before that, it was the Touch Pro. I'm glad I made the switch because the Thunderbolt has a lot more support for ROMs and other mods than the USCC Desire.

rune-san 04-14-2011 01:27 PM

Left my Alltel Touch Pro 1. suffice it to say the two aren't anywhere close :P

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ginsujim 04-15-2011 07:50 AM

Coming from TP2 (my screen finally died) Waiting for it to arrive

Adrianh85 04-15-2011 08:44 AM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I left the incredible

TheScribbler 04-15-2011 04:47 PM

I am coming from an Evo. Sprint has had a network outage / capacity issue in my area so they have allowed myself and family (3 Evos) out of contract with no ETF. All of us love the 4.3" HTC form factor, so this is a logical move. As well (hopefully) LTE will be available soon here.

Actually get the new phones on Monday through Amazon ( $175 vs $249 times 3 so a no brainer choice really). I expect to break even on the sale of the old phones and the cost of the new. So a nice 'free' upgrade 9 months after the first purchase.

ziggy471 04-23-2011 05:37 PM

I left the TP2 in September for an Incredible, and jumped to the 'Bolt beginning of the month. Only reason I jumped to the Inc in September was MM and X both got Desire's, and I felt left out. lol

Z

eurotrash323 04-24-2011 01:02 PM

Droid Eris for me. night and day.

vargo 04-25-2011 08:46 PM

My Smart phone journey started with verizon TP1 that phone became very buggy, VZW upgraded me to TP2. I loved this phone!! Then one day it got destroyed.. My Phone insurance gave me Samsung Omina 2. A tad better but UI sucked really bad. I downloaded SPB MS just to make it bearable. Well today I found out that I have 4 month early upgrade??? Not sure why, but what the hell I will go for it.

Now I have the HTC TB. So far I love it. Battery could be a tab better. But that really does not bother me.:angel4:

leeco 04-26-2011 05:59 PM

I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.

Kliptik 04-26-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeco (Post 2091648)
I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.

Swype BETA is available for the TB. The auto-space doesn't work right in the stock SMS app, but someone over at XDA has a working port for the TB. I'll PM you the details.

gum427 05-10-2011 02:15 PM

Just came over to the Thunderbolt from an HTC Imagio. Loved the phone and had no problems with it... :( until my work decided to changed from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010.

After this, my Imagio (Windows Mobile 6.5) and a coworkers HTC (Windows 6.1) both would not connect up to the new Exchange Server. We were the only Windows mobile phones. Everyone elses iPhones, BlackBerrys and Android phones all worked fine. Had no choice but to change phones.

The Thunderbolt connects up to the Exchange Server and my contacts and emails work great, but nothing from the Calender comes over at all.

I'm using the trial version of Touchdown to get emails, contacts, calender and tasks from the Exchange Server and everything seems good. I've got about 8 days left to decide on keeping the phone or going to an iPhone.

Steve

Current Phone: Thunderbolt
Previous Phones: HTC Imagio / HTC Touch Pro / Samsung i760

psycho_maniac 05-13-2011 12:44 PM

I went to the touch pro2, and I loved the thunderbolts screen size and i really hated all touchscreen phones. so i took the risk and bought a $300 used incredible and i absolutely LOVED it so I was for sure getting the thunderbolt. Im glad I made the switch

englishpanther 05-22-2011 12:15 AM

HTC Imagio - It was a great device thanks to the work of the community.

This Community has been there for my HTC Apache, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 and the Imagio.

With Microsoft and Verizon trying to play Apple... i'm going to embrace the custom linux Roms!

P.S. The NRG ROMS have been my favorite for the last couple years. =D>

I haven't rooted so I am not a big fan of the thunderbolt yet.......

anonymity 05-24-2011 04:14 PM

I am happily leaving my TP2 behind for this much needed change. My TP2 carried on like a champ and, to it's credit, still works well for what it does. However, there are too many ways that it falls short and too many ways that the T-bolt is great for me to pass it up.

In fact... I've waisted about 2 hours at work today.

I just got it FedEx'd to me. :)

Promethazine 06-03-2011 10:02 AM

leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.

anonymity 06-03-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Promethazine (Post 2110592)
leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.

Congrats! Let us know what you think. I'm really enjoying mine.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Phil Canyon 06-06-2011 11:21 PM

DITCHING MY IMAGIO TOMORROW! THANK GOD AND YES I AM YELLING ON PURPOSE!

GrumpyJoe 06-12-2011 03:30 AM

WOW. Seem like we have a lot of ex TP2 users here. I'm one of them. Loved it but hated WM. I have had my TB for about 2 months and think it the best Smart Phone I have used to date. I have used WM, BB, and Palm. Lovin life.

Rudeseal 06-22-2011 07:05 PM

HTC Imagio

fouzilogic 06-28-2011 11:00 AM

Leaving a Sprint TP2(almost 2 years with) for the Verizon Tbolt. What a difference. The TP2 is a very well made device.........nothing like the speed of LTE...wow.

Young DC 08-06-2011 05:52 AM

loved my tp2

fixxxer2012 08-14-2011 07:15 PM

i left sprint after 5 years and left my evo4g behind for it. i love the tbolt and verizon coverage.

nrfitchett4 08-31-2011 10:12 PM

jumped off the sinking ship of t-mobile and the hd2 (long live ngrz!!!), to get in on the unlimited data before verizon killed it off.

Now it looks like t-mobile might not be bought up after all. Seems deutche telecom is more pissed about it than at&t.

GodGunsGutsGlory 09-06-2011 12:11 AM

HTC Imagio with the massive 3200 mAh battery and the TERA ROM.

I loved it but what I was doing with it was getting beyond the power of the hardware so I just bought a Thunderbolt.

It seems fast but now I have to get used to it.

leeco 11-15-2011 11:59 AM

6 months later...I STILL LOVE MY TB!! The update to Gingerbread has only made things better. I was surprised though when VZW updated the Droid X 3g to Gingerbread nearly a full month before updating the TB. I've not even seriously considered rooting this phone, yet. I may in the future, but the phone is doing everything I need or even want right now. :thumbright:

fixxxer2012 11-15-2011 05:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Im on a dinc2 now but i miss my tbolt. Im trying to hold out for a htc rezound.

leyrad 05-04-2012 11:42 AM

Coming from a Motorola Droid X and in this case the X is for dead. I'm loving my HTC Thunderbolt. Always been a big HTC fan and this is another reason why.:wink: