PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Everything I'm seeing about the Thunderbolt has me pretty excited. I'm currently saddled with an HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I'm due to upgrade in May and I'm looking forward to getting an upgrade in every category, including OS. Now if Roku would just add DLNA support I'll be all set.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Thunderbolt will be a nice upgrade

Yeah , I had an Imagio but dumped that sucker when the Incredible came out.
after using android for a year will never touch Windows again.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I've used the EVO for a month now... I have no alliance... I will use windows again...
I will use whatever suits my needs and looks cool at the same time. Which is why I went to the EVO. The Thunderbolt does look like an amazing machine on paper and it photographs well too.
I hope you enjoy it bro.
I'll be reading some of the posts about it.
p.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Yeah I'm seriously considering the Thunderbolt if VZW doesn't announce WP7 at MWC next week... Not super excited about Android, but the specs on the phone are pretty awesome!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

What is funny to me is that I don't know why you would need dual core processors and all that jaz when Android seems to not be too demanding.
Which was my entire argument with WP7 and the 1gz processor.
My evo handles everything I've thrown at it and only a slight hiccup here or there.
But otherwise... I'm cool with it.
I'll surely get something MUCH better next year when I upgrade... But for now... I'll enjoy the EVO.
And I'm sure the OP will enjoy the Thunderbolt.
p.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Thunderbolt has a second generation Snapdragon 1GH processor , not a dual-core processor. It had a quadrant score of 1950 , how fast do you need to be ??

Last edited by jbh00jh; 02-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC TP2

TXGTOU is a n00b

I'm currently using an HTC Touch Pro 2 and am hoping to jump on the Thunderbolt when it becomes available. The only problem is Verizon isn't very forthcoming about when the Thunderbolt will be available, and as a consumer, I find that a little unacceptable. I'm hearing everything from the 21st, 24th, and 28th of this month as far as release dates go. Oh well.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

FP5241 is a n00b

I'm also looking to upgrade from a TP2. I will miss the keyboard but I will most certainly not miss the lack of power. I am thankful for all I have found here to make the TP2 as usable as possible but it is time for a change. This will be my first Android device..
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC TP2

TXGTOU is a n00b

Looks like we'll be waiting even longer than the 28th if the rumors are true. A Facebook page is reported to show mid-March as the release date. I don't think anyone has found out if this page is an actual Verizon/HTC page or just someone having a little bit of fun at our expense...
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Almost a VIP

That facebook page is a hoax. VZW said it was not their page.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt