PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AnyKernel for ThunderBolt

NOTE: This is a template update.zip for kernel developers to release their kernels. It is how I'm now releasing mine.

As some of you know, and others don't, every kernel release out there, including mine, for the ThunderBolt flashes an entire boot image each time you flash a kernel. This is fine, but it over-writes the ramdisk which destroys any tweaks the ROM developer or you may have done. With the kernel releases I've done for other platforms, I've been able to use the AnyKernel updater from Koush, which creates the boot image on the fly.

I've finally got the AnyKernel updater working on the ThunderBolt, so I figured I'd post it here. Thanks goes to XBOCT at XDA, he's the one that fixed unpackbootimg, I found it in this Desire HD kernel thread.

This should be Kernel Manager compliant, since it includes and uses flash_image.

Enjoy,

Z
Attached Files
File Type: zip AnyKernel.zip (987.5 KB, 299 views) Click for barcode!

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

Last edited by ziggy471; 05-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

rjsshadows is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AnyKernel for ThunderBolt

Thanks nice post
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development