PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Rezound

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

bobcsc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ice cream Sandwich

Just curious. Will we eventually be able to get ice cream sandwich on the Rezound. I have been looking at the comparison between the Rezound and the Galaxy. Overall the Rezound seems to be a much better phone. The only thing i like on the Galaxy is Ice Cream Sandwich. So if i can add it later i will go with the rezound for now. Whats everyone's opinion here.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Ice cream Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcsc View Post
Just curious. Will we eventually be able to get ice cream sandwich on the Rezound. I have been looking at the comparison between the Rezound and the Galaxy. Overall the Rezound seems to be a much better phone. The only thing i like on the Galaxy is Ice Cream Sandwich. So if i can add it later i will go with the rezound for now. Whats everyone's opinion here.
Yes, the Rezound will definitely get ICS but it will take time since they need to make sure it runs smoothly with Sense and their software. So I would guess it will take until at least March but could be wrong. I really don't mind though. GB works just fine and performance is good.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

sarahsdaddy is a n00b

Did you hear the news that Google is changing the end user terms for nearly all its products including Android, 3/1, to allow an unprecedented amount of snooping. There will be no opt out. I hope ICS gets out before then because I'll be done with any new Google product requiring acceptance of those types of terms. I'm guessing there's going to be enough hell raised that they'll have to back off to some extent, but you never know.

Google tracks consumers across products, users can’t opt out - The Washington Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I hope thats not true or i may have to consider a wp7 or a iphone.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

update from HTC. Looks like Sensation line is first to get ICS via OTA, then Rezound and some others. Also, there are leaked ICS roms already available to try out.

HTC Spills Details on Ice Cream Sandwich Updates for Next Month
Old 02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i still think the rezound should of shipped with ice cream. there are also alot of other htc phones that "should" get 4.0 but will not. this is why ive decided to get the moto razr maxxx.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Retired Staff

here's pretty much what we will get for an OTA. Went through the whole lock, flash ruu to get this running. Good stuff.

HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich ROM Leaked
Old 04-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

vinnyjr is a n00b

Verizon website has the Rezound for a OTA update coming soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM
#1 troll!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; ADR6425LVW Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjr
Verizon website has the Rezound for a OTA update coming soon.
It will be summer before we see the ota. What we really need is aosp "cm9".

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Rezound

Tags
ice cream sandwich, rezound