PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio is a pain in the ***. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92032)

Phil Canyon 10-22-2009 10:20 PM

Imagio is a pain in the ***.

Anyone else agree? I wish I was as good as cokeman and could get this thing hacked so a new rom could be put on it. My original touch ran so sweet I had left it alone with JD's rom for over a year. Anyway I just wanted to vent after again trying to change some settings that were unattainable. :|

lafester 10-22-2009 10:36 PM

Re: Imagio is a pain in the ***.

lol. i think it runs ok for stock.
no problems here at this time other then the memory leak although i don't run opera so it doesn't bother me much.

it will still be nice to have a clean fast rom to play with someday.

baxtermedic 10-22-2009 10:41 PM

I am coming from the omnia and I have to say that the only advantage I see is the pretty screen and the sensetivity of it. I may try my hand at the Droid since I'm still within my 30 days

lafester 10-22-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxtermedic (Post 1256479)
I am coming from the omnia and I have to say that the only advantage I see is the pretty screen and the sensetivity of it. I may try my hand at the Droid since I'm still within my 30 days

with no keyboard the screen means ALOT.
my wife has an omnia and my imagio is bigger, brighter and much easier to navigate. its also faster and smoother although i have not flashed a custom rom to her phone.

Cloppy 10-22-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 1256468)
lol. i think it runs ok for stock.
no problems here at this time other then the memory leak although i don't run opera so it doesn't bother me much.

it will still be nice to have a clean fast rom to play with someday.

Agree totally, Stock it runs ok. I think it has alot of potential with a awesome clean rom. I cant wait.

There are some quirks to it but temporary work arounds do the trick.

dbigdawg 10-23-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Canyon (Post 1256392)
Anyone else agree? I wish I was as good as cokeman and could get this thing hacked so a new rom could be put on it. My original touch ran so sweet I had left it alone with JD's rom for over a year. Anyway I just wanted to vent after again trying to change some settings that were unattainable. :|

Give it a few weeks and the tweeks will come. This is a great device that just hasn't been "optimized" yet by the cooks in the kitchen.

baxtermedic 10-23-2009 01:35 AM

I think with the huge debut of all these damn android devices, winmo 7 will turn out like the ps3, vastly superior but too little too late and will constantly try to play catch up the competition.

I'm wondering if the wait for custom roms would be worth it. I used to cook my own roms on the Omnia and I love the new 6.5.x builds and the speed it brought.

But non OMAP and non snapdragon, this phone is way outdated months before it came out. I dunno, I think i'm suffering from huge buyers remorse.

Shemmy 10-23-2009 07:38 AM

Honestly, I don't see the doom of Windows Mobile. As someone who works in IT support, my worst-case scenario would be that WM becomes a business system more than anything else. When I worked at BearingPoint, I did see a few iPhones on the Exchange server, but it was mostly BBs on the BES and WM devices. I have an extremely difficult time seeing Android breaking into a market that it still dominated by BB and WM. And even between BB and WM, despite how well BB handles email, I don't see WM being dethroned because a WM device doesn't require additional software, unlike a BB where one needs to purchase a license(s) for BES.

rp4643 10-23-2009 08:59 AM

I have seen all the quirks with the imagio, many other have as well.
1) Running memory
2) New exotic weather places I did not include
3) Stuck in 1X lala land
4) Terrible SMS interface
5) Battery runs down very fast

All and all its a good phone but it really needs some tweaks to be a excellent phone.If they dont come soon, back the imagio goes...

billyapd21 10-23-2009 10:17 AM

I wonder if anyone will work on the unlocker for this phone. It hurts that verizon is the only carrier. Many of the best chefs are not on verizon. Hopefully you'll get the unlocker. The treo pro had to wait over a year to get theirs. I count on seeing it anytime soon.