PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio is a pain in the ***. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92032)

Cloppy 10-23-2009 10:22 AM

Re: Imagio is a pain in the ***.

The phone did get its own forum and its pretty active. There is also people willing to donate too $150 last time i saw. thats saying somthing isnt it? Hopefully something gets started. how hard is it really to make your own ROM? I read some stuff about it, didnt really understand it. but if its not that bad ill start working on one :)

fwaits 10-23-2009 12:06 PM

If you notice in the Updates section above, that an unlocker is in the works and once that has been done, the ROMs will begin, might be a little slow in the beginning, but I'm sure it will pick up.

Cloppy 10-23-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaits (Post 1257756)
If you notice in the Updates section above, that an unlocker is in the works and once that has been done, the ROMs will begin, might be a little slow in the beginning, but I'm sure it will pick up.

Yea i downloaded those files cause i was curious but i dont have the tools to open them or know what to do with them. Ill start taking a look around i guess, im curious about this process.

Phil Canyon 10-25-2009 10:34 AM

Good to see I am not the only one frustrated. The BT connection to my headset is so scratchy, at least on my end. I haven't seen a fix that will work with this phone yet. I also wish the wifi could boost a bit, I didn't realize I was going to have to sit on the router to use it.....ok it is not that bad, at least the 3G is fairly strong despite the bloatware.

greaser 10-25-2009 11:45 AM

i guess im in the minority but IMHO the imagio is far superior to my old xv6900.

neumannk 10-25-2009 12:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I started with the xv6800 when I found the Kitchen and was able to make it work for me. So far this phone has been great. Just a few programs add it make it do what I need. Took off the auto screen lock, added Microsoft .Net CF 3.5, S2LU2, Call Firewall, TrineFix.

DrRoger 10-25-2009 02:04 PM

I owned an Imagio for a few days and returned it. The lion's share of its RAM is used up to keep the phone alive; even my xv6900 has more memory available. The browser had a crawl-slow speed and froze up a couple of times needing a soft reset. Battery was fair, lasted less than a full day. THough,

DrRoger 10-25-2009 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I returned my Imagio after a few days. Browser/s had a crawl-slow speed, the phone froze up a couple of times while browsing needing a soft reset, and battery didn't last quite a day.
Someone in Howard Forums gave a link from which I attached a file, taken from ppcgeeks, called battery and performance hack, and said that this hack worked great on the Imagio and made the battery go two full days, which sounds awesome.

jbh00jh 10-25-2009 06:50 PM

There have been many fixes to speed up the browser , but some out there chose not to even try them . The only way the browser would freeze up is poor memory management. There are apps such as ram sweeper to reclaim memory.
But some would rather constantly complain than take the advice of people who
actually know how WM works.
Like every WM phone that comes out there are glitches. But the guys at ppcgeeks and xda fix the gliches and you end up with a great phone.
In another six weeks or so there will be nothing to complain about.

y0himba 10-25-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neumannk (Post 1263230)
I started with the xv6800 when I found the Kitchen and was able to make it work for me. So far this phone has been great. Just a few programs add it make it do what I need. Took off the auto screen lock, added Microsoft .Net CF 3.5, S2LU2, Call Firewall, TrineFix.

Can you explain what the Firewall cab and TrineFix do?