PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

makryger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Syncing media?

I was trying to sync some files from my Windows 7 media center PC, and it doesn't seem to be converting them to wmv files- its just copying them directly. Has anyone tried this?

Whether you've tried it or not, I was wondering whether people are able to sync their Imagio with windows media player when it is on ActiveSync mode? Or do you have to change to Flash Drive mode for it to work?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

treetopflyer is a n00b
Re: Syncing media?

Mine will only sync when in drive mode. From the mobile device center, when i click on sync media, it launches WMP, but WMP will only recognize the device when in drive mode.

When it does sync, it's a straight copy. there is no conversion of any of my videos.

Along these lines, I've been fairly frustrated by syncing media on the Imagio. coming from the iTunes/iPod Touch universe (regardless of opinions), it just works. iTunes downloads all the podcasts I want automatically, transfers all my videos, podcasts and playlists to the iPod and they are just there.

With WMP, i've created plenty of playlists but they don;t transfer over to mobile WMP or HTC's music app. I have to download my podcasts semi-manually (Ipodder/Juice) and move stuff over in WMP manually. I've tried Doubletwist and several other applications for this without much success. Very frustrating.

If anyone has suggestions for playing/downloading podcasts/syncing music automatically please share!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopflyer View Post
Mine will only sync when in drive mode. From the mobile device center, when i click on sync media, it launches WMP, but WMP will only recognize the device when in drive mode.

When it does sync, it's a straight copy. there is no conversion of any of my videos.

Along these lines, I've been fairly frustrated by syncing media on the Imagio. coming from the iTunes/iPod Touch universe (regardless of opinions), it just works. iTunes downloads all the podcasts I want automatically, transfers all my videos, podcasts and playlists to the iPod and they are just there.

With WMP, i've created plenty of playlists but they don;t transfer over to mobile WMP or HTC's music app. I have to download my podcasts semi-manually (Ipodder/Juice) and move stuff over in WMP manually. I've tried Doubletwist and several other applications for this without much success. Very frustrating.

If anyone has suggestions for playing/downloading podcasts/syncing music automatically please share!
I phoned HTC about this yesterday. They basically stopped me mid-sentence and said "Sorry, we don't support Windows 7". Then they said that a new Mobile Device Center was needed for WM6.5. Then they said they were having problems syncing stuff in Windows 7. Basically, they didn't even offer me a solution, they just said that they can't do it.

Where you using W7?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker

treetopflyer is a n00b

I'm using Win 7 RTM. Sync works in drive mode (which is much faster) not Activesync mode.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Drive mode I think only shows you the storage card as a drive letter, but does not let you access the on-board storage of the device correct?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
I phoned HTC about this yesterday. They basically stopped me mid-sentence and said "Sorry, we don't support Windows 7". Then they said that a new Mobile Device Center was needed for WM6.5. Then they said they were having problems syncing stuff in Windows 7. Basically, they didn't even offer me a solution, they just said that they can't do it.

Where you using W7?
I would just say you're using Vista then. Mobile Device Center is the same in either and will at least get them to answer you.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker

treetopflyer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Drive mode I think only shows you the storage card as a drive letter, but does not let you access the on-board storage of the device correct?
that's right.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, I may call back and not mention my operating system.

So when you assign as a letter drive, has anyone tried wtv files, and has it downconverted them to playable wmv files? I'm just trying to play a widescreen tv show in full screen, and right now its way too choppy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio