PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Landlocked is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't flash Imagio from SD?

I've been able to successfully flash several times using RUU. I can't seem to get the phone to flash an updated ROM from my memory card -- stock ROM ir custom. I have the file named whiteimg.nbh (suggested in this forum) sitting there, but every attempt to flash from the bootloader just reloads the currently stored ROM and not what I cooked up. I'm in a real pickle because I cooked a bad ROM and now ActiveSync won't work on the Imagio so I can't use RUU again.

Thanks for your help!

Landlocked

Last edited by Landlocked; 03-22-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48
Re: Can't flash Imagio from SD?

Name it WHITIMG and you will be good....
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlocked View Post
I've been able to successfully flash several times using RUU. I can't seem to get the phone to flash an updated ROM from my memory card -- stock ROM ir custom. I have the file named whiteimg.nbh (suggested in this forum) sitting there, but every attempt to flash from the bootloader just reloads the currently stored ROM and not what I cooked up. I'm in a real pickle because I cooked a bad ROM and now ActiveSync won't work on the Imagio so I can't use RUU again.

Thanks for your help!

Landlocked
You can flash ruu from bootloader too. With phone off hold vol down and press power then connect data cable and run ruu.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850, xv6900, XV6975
Carrier: Whor-izon

kilroy1stcav is keeping up the good workkilroy1stcav is keeping up the good work

You also have to have the SD card formatted to fat32 and if it is like previous phones the card has to be 2gig or smaller.

Always the newest Energy COOKIE ROM
Old 03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy1stcav View Post
You also have to have the SD card formatted to fat32 and if it is like previous phones the card has to be 2gig or smaller.
I flash from my 16gb all the time. Not a issue on this phone or the TP2. But good call!

Last edited by Reef48; 03-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef48 View Post
Name it WHITIMG and you will be good....
what exactly do you name to "WHITIMG"
Old 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
what exactly do you name to "WHITIMG"
The .nbh file you want to flash to. Sometimes they're called RUU_signed.nbh but to flash from your SD card you need to rename it to WHITIMG.nbh
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Landlocked is a n00b

I was actually able to recover from my problem. I somehow got my Win 7 x64 desktop to identify the phone as QuallComm and loaded drivers so ActiveSync would work. I still can't flash from the card, though. The first 5-6 attempts were using Whiteimg.nbh and the other tries using WHITIMG.nbh (used the posted case just in case). I'm also confused when given the option at bootloader to push the volume button up for manufacturer's settings and volume down for custom settings. Both hard reset the current ROM and seem to do the same thing as far as I can tell The Mogul and TP were much more idiot proof... Note: I've been using the same FAT32 MicroSD card that I used in my Mogul and TP for flashing needs.

Last edited by Landlocked; 03-22-2010 at 10:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio