PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts....

Ok, so I picked up my hero yesterday at best buy. When I logged into my gmail, somehow it loaded EVERY person I have emailed ever into my contact list. So I took the phone to sprint today, and had them replace my contact list with my old mogul contacts. This worked well, except I no longer have the pictures associated with the contacts. My problem, or more like fear, is that my gmail is going to reload the ridiculous list of contacts again. Is their a way to backup my contacts without losing them all?

Also, how the hell do I get the back cover off?! This is driving me nuts!! I just wanna put my SD card in....and I forgot to ask while I was at Sprint.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: Contacts....

Push from the bottom of the back cover it should pop off Card slot is on the lower right half. FYI it comes with a card installed as well. As far as back in contacts up if you were on a winmo device you need to use outlook to back them up from the old device then when you sync the hero through outlook it will re add them
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Push from the bottom of the back cover it should pop off Card slot is on the lower right half. FYI it comes with a card installed as well. As far as back in contacts up if you were on a winmo device you need to use outlook to back them up from the old device then when you sync the hero through outlook it will re add them
I already have the contacts on my Hero. I am wondering how to back my Hero up basically....I am using to using something like PIMBackup.....are their any good free backup utilities in the app store?

what size SD card does it come with?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

mybackup has a 30 day trial.Sprite backup has some apps as well. Honestly more people here opp to support the developers most apps range from .99cents to 2.99 .but if you root your hero you can do a nandroid backup which puts it all back.

Here is a very easy way to do it. instead of using the Modaco uses the fresh .04 room

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584029

Fresh Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584032

Trust me Rooting will open this device up in the bet way . no handcuffs
Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
Ok, so I picked up my hero yesterday at best buy. When I logged into my gmail, somehow it loaded EVERY person I have emailed ever into my contact list. So I took the phone to sprint today, and had them replace my contact list with my old mogul contacts. This worked well, except I no longer have the pictures associated with the contacts. My problem, or more like fear, is that my gmail is going to reload the ridiculous list of contacts again. Is their a way to backup my contacts without losing them all?

Also, how the hell do I get the back cover off?! This is driving me nuts!! I just wanna put my SD card in....and I forgot to ask while I was at Sprint.
You need to go into GMail and take all those emails you have sent and put them into different folders. It created a contact for them for you, so put them in a different group or delete them.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero