PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reusing Hero, So sluggish can't use, any suggestions? *replaced by Sprint*

I am reusing a Hero, giving it to one of my children.
I was able to get it added to my line and activated, I updated it to RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.31.651.7_signed_release.exe and now it is very sluggish, I try to unlock it and doesn't unlock until after the screen turns off. I call it and it rings just fine, the screen never changes so I can answer the phone.
After the call goes to voicemail, the screen finally changes to answer the phone (too late at that point)

I've tried
Removing SDCard booting, same results
Reflashing, same results
Downgrading, getting error about older boot version
Reflashing from SDCard, same results

I can't remember if I've ever rooted this phone, the HBoot screen had the Skateboarding Androids, is this the original HBoot?
HERC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.47.000 (HERO20000)
MICROP-0110
TOUCH PANEL-SYN0104
RAIDO-2.42.01.04.27
Mar 1 2010,16:02:39
It is so sluggish I can't even get to setting to change the USB mode to debugging do ADB into the phone

Any suggestions?

Last edited by elephant007; 06-24-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo
Carrier: Sprint

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Re: Reusing Hero, So sluggish can't use, any suggestions?

I think that is the original hboot. You can try re-running the RUU and see if that fixes it. It definitely shouldn't be that sluggish. My son has that phone and I just put a rooted stock rom on it along with an OC kernel and darktremor a2sd and it seems to be running alot smoother / quicker.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I went to the Sprint store and they ended up replacing it with a brand new Hero
Oddly enough, they applied the update and when I got home it is acting the same way..
heading backup there now before 7
Old 06-24-2011, 08:13 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Correction:
Sprint replaced the screen of the phone and not the phone itself. I went back to Sprint and now they are going to order me a replacement Hero...

So they weren't able to repair the original phone

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero