PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ki1022 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hero keeps entering "Emergency Callback Mode", cripples data/calling

My Hero keeps entering a weird "Emergency Callback Mode". It happens all the time randomly, many times immediately after answering a call, and EVERY time I try to change my roaming preferences. This mode kills all active data connections and only allows incoming calls. It is supposed to enabled itself for 5 minutes after calling 911 to allow rescuers to call you back, find you with GPS, etc. I have never called 911 on this phone.

I have checked everything I can think of and it still happening. I am on the latest Sprint radio and have tried on multiple different ROMS. I did successful OTA PRL and Profile updates, still didn't fix it.

I have found the most reliable way to clear this emergency mode is to open QPST service programming, read all settings from phone, then just write them back. This resets the radio and it works fine for a while.

I tried researching this a lot and haven't found much helpful information, I would be greatly appreciative if anyone could suggest anything else. Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ki1022 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hero keeps entering "Emergency Callback Mode", cripples data/calling

Just wanted to chime in and say I was able to fix this. I did a ##786# and reset to factory defaults. Then I just re-entered my NAM and data profile info and everything seems to be fine now. Oddly enough, doing the ##786# retained everything including meid, recovery, ROM, etc. All it did was reset my CDMA options and fix the problem. Hopefully this will help someone out there!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero