PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Angry Birds Question? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136019)

blackrain 10-26-2010 12:38 PM

Angry Birds Question?

My girlfriend has the hero running latest stock rom...I cant find angry birds through the market?? I'm guessing its not available for android 2.1 but what i did do was download the .apk file and did a manual install. While it does work its laggy as hell & locks up also I was wondering has anyone gotten this to work? Is there something i could do to have this work SHE'S REALLY ADAMENT ABOUT HAVING THIS GAME!

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance guys.

tank001 10-26-2010 11:00 PM

Re: Angry Birds Question?

I have Angry Birds full installed on my Alltel Hero running stock 2.1 rom and it runs great with no lag only thing done to the phone is its rooted so I could install wifi tether

mulhiny 10-27-2010 11:21 PM

I have the file and I downloaded it as freeware..I'll check with a mod and see if I'm allowed to post it..

guitardoc64 10-28-2010 12:23 PM

Handango has it as a free dl. Angry Birds : Android Apps : Handango

xkevinxpwndu 11-28-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrain (Post 1981632)
My girlfriend has the hero running latest stock rom...I cant find angry birds through the market?? I'm guessing its not available for android 2.1 but what i did do was download the .apk file and did a manual install. While it does work its laggy as hell & locks up also I was wondering has anyone gotten this to work? Is there something i could do to have this work SHE'S REALLY ADAMENT ABOUT HAVING THIS GAME!

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance guys.

I have a rooted hero running android 2.2 which is currently the fastest ROM out. I am still experiencing a awful lag that makes is hard to play this game. From what I have read it is a graphics problem. The ARMv6 chipset is not compatible with Angry Birds :/

xizzmatt 11-28-2010 06:23 PM

Its not in the Market because the company behind Angry Birds is releasing a lighter version for less powerful devices. They obviously haven't heard of over-clocking ;)

xkevinxpwndu 11-28-2010 07:07 PM

Any idea when the release will be?

mulhiny 11-29-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkevinxpwndu (Post 2003265)
I have a rooted hero running android 2.2 which is currently the fastest ROM out. I am still experiencing a awful lag that makes is hard to play this game. From what I have read it is a graphics problem. The ARMv6 chipset is not compatible with Angry Birds :/

That's strange. I can play the game on a 2.1 Rom OC'd to 710mhz no problem..once in a while I would get the flash of red (FPS drops below 30)..and on a 2.2 Rom with JIT enabled I had zero issues..are you overclocked?

xkevinxpwndu 11-29-2010 10:32 PM

The newest version with the fixed graphics? And yes, I am oc'd to 691. I dont see 20mhz making much of a difference though lol. You didn't have any lag at all??

xizzmatt 12-14-2010 04:20 PM

Well, Angry Birds never lagged on my Sprint Hero even when it wasn't overclocked. Angry Birds Seasons however has a terrible lag unless overclocked.