PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raph800
Carrier: cricket

superdad69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

I'm not new to flashing custom roms in the WinMo world but, I just got my Hero like 3 days ago. I have searched and read about everything here so far and from what I have read the reason for flashing custom roms is SPEED and CUSTOMIZATION.

Well, I have flashed twice and ended up re-rooting and going back stock. I'm not trying to take anything away from the developers because I know it's hard work. I did it with my old TP with WinMo for a couple of years. When I flashed my custom WinMo roms they where ALWAYS faster than any stock rom.

HOWEVER it seems to me like none of these roms for the Hero are ready for prime time yet and from what I'm reading all of the decent developers have crossed over to the Evo so the chance of us getting some decent roms in minimal at best.

So my question is should I just wait till something is released that is more stable or should I cross over as well? AGAIN I'm not trying to take anything at all away from the developers. I expected some differences coming from WinMo. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way. If not, what rom are you running? Is it faster than the stock .6 rom from sprint? Does the camera work?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero