PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Sprint Hero Data Plan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125824)

SpTz20 06-20-2010 12:04 AM

Sprint Hero Data Plan

Hi I saw all the threads about this but I cant seem to find my answer. I have the $15 dollar data plan with the htc diamond and i was wondering if i can activate a Hero with this data plan. Thank You

Still_Waters_43 06-20-2010 12:23 AM

Re: Sprint Hero Data Plan

If you have a current plan you will be ok. However, you probably dont if your ready for an upgrade. Sprint has been converting all their plans to new ones recently.

You can register at Sprint.com and start the process to upgrade to the Hero, before you actually commit to buy they will tell if you have to change your plan.

SpTz20 06-20-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters_43 (Post 1825542)
If you have a current plan you will be ok. However, you probably dont if your ready for an upgrade. Sprint has been converting all their plans to new ones recently.

You can register at Sprint.com and start the process to upgrade to the Hero, before you actually commit to buy they will tell if you have to change your plan.

Actually I was going to buy a Hero with a clean ESN...i have the unlimited texting family plan with a $15 dollar data plan add on to my line...are there any plan upgrades that sprint would require me to make or I can keep my plan the way it is.
Thank You

bradart 06-20-2010 04:03 AM

Re: Re: Sprint Hero Data Plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpTz20 (Post 1825765)
Actually I was going to buy a Hero with a clean ESN...i have the unlimited texting family plan with a $15 dollar data plan add on to my line...are there any plan upgrades that sprint would require me to make or I can keep my plan the way it is.
Thank You

He just answered that.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

SpTz20 06-20-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1825788)
He just answered that.

so i can or i cannot? sorry just a little slow

bradart 06-20-2010 11:41 PM

The hero will not activate without one of sprint's current everything plans. If it does activate, they will change your plan automatically.

guitardoc64 06-20-2010 11:45 PM

Yup, I just did that today. Everything data is mimimum. It's their way to weed out the "grandfathered" plans I suppose.

cwbeasley 06-21-2010 12:58 AM

It's not a way to weed out grandfather plans... you don't have to upgrade to a smartphone. They still have other phones available, or you can get the Touch Pro 2.

ekz13 06-21-2010 02:28 PM

It is to a point.. good business process. They are not telling you that you HAVE to upgrade, and you can still use the dumbphones and a few smartphones, but they know that eventually people are going to get the fever to get the latest and greatest (or close too it) and they will switch. Or your trusty curve, or TP1,2 will start to falter and then you'll get a Tp3 (or something) and they'll give you the old "ahh sorry, that one requires xxxx plan" Not totally disagreeing with you, but it is a good strategy to get rid of those plans through attrition. Keeps them from being the bad guy by just saying, " sorry you no longer have that plan" and by saying "that the newer phones NEED the newer faster consistent unlimited data, text, etc." They are simply doing it in order to prevent the customer from falling prey to those nasty extra charges because they didn’t realize the phone would constantly poll xxxx data, or send xxxx texts or what not.

Again, just my take, and looking at it…. It’s just business. (and it’s still cheaper than the competition though :)

guitardoc64 06-21-2010 08:33 PM

Yes I could have gone with a TP2. $199 after MIR, and go up to the $30 data pack instead of the $15 I had. $79 for the Hero was a win. And yes I could have gone with a regular dumbphone and stayed with my plan as was. I'm a hooked PPCGeek, just ask my wife LOL!