PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jamn424 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hero Plan rumors?

Has anyone heard if Hero will be available to Fair and Flexible customers in the near future?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Re: Hero Plan rumors?

Are those the plans without data?

While it might make sense (since I spend my working days inside a wi-fi equppied building, then go home to my wi-fi covered house), I would guess its highly unlikely.

The trend has been toward forcing people into more expensive plans. And you lose a lot of function without "always connected" data. There wouldn't be much point.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jamn424 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Are those the plans without data?

While it might make sense (since I spend my working days inside a wi-fi equppied building, then go home to my wi-fi covered house), I would guess its highly unlikely.

The trend has been toward forcing people into more expensive plans. And you lose a lot of function without "always connected" data. There wouldn't be much point.
I agree. But my plan does have unlimited DATA already. So I'm just wondering if they'd ever change and let me get Hero on this plan. Essentially, i'm looking for hope! haha... so i know whether to wait or plunge into HTC TOUCH PRO 2, which I know works with older plans.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamn424 View Post
I agree. But my plan does have unlimited DATA already. So I'm just wondering if they'd ever change and let me get Hero on this plan. Essentially, i'm looking for hope! haha... so i know whether to wait or plunge into HTC TOUCH PRO 2, which I know works with older plans.
I have a Fair and Flexible plan and I have the unlimited data add on. I called Sprint right before the Hero came out and asked if the phone would work on my plan. They said no, I would need a Simply Everything plan. Since the phone wasn't out yet, I didn't push the issue.

After I compare the Moment to the Hero and decide which one I want, I will attempted to get it on my current plan, but I doubt I will be able to. Like other posters have said, Sprint is pushing their Everything plans very hard. Maybe we will get lucky and talk to the right person who will let us keep our plans, but I'm not betting on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jamn424 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I have a Fair and Flexible plan and I have the unlimited data add on. I called Sprint right before the Hero came out and asked if the phone would work on my plan. They said no, I would need a Simply Everything plan. Since the phone wasn't out yet, I didn't push the issue.

After I compare the Moment to the Hero and decide which one I want, I will attempted to get it on my current plan, but I doubt I will be able to. Like other posters have said, Sprint is pushing their Everything plans very hard. Maybe we will get lucky and talk to the right person who will let us keep our plans, but I'm not betting on it.
Be careful with that. What I have learned is that you might find reps that will sell you the phone saying yes go ahead activate with your current line. But when you go to activate the phone after it arrives, it will force you to change.

Selling the phone and activating the phone are two different things. Person might sell it thinking it'll work, but when you activate it, it'll force a plan change.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I'm on a third party retailer plan for 20 bucks a month and upgraded just fine. Hope that helps.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jamn424 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart
I'm on a third party retailer plan for 20 bucks a month and upgraded just fine. Hope that helps.
interesting. please elaborate on 3rd party plan? please tell us how you got hero to activate on a non-everything plan?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamn424 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

interesting. please elaborate on 3rd party plan? please tell us how you got hero to activate on a non-everything plan?
He has an Advantage Club line which the Sprint employee is held liable for the payment if the user defaults. No contract either, cancel at any time. The Hero will work on it, as I have it too.

Unless you have a family member or a VERY good friend who works for Sprint, you are not getting this plan.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker

lkctd8 is a n00b

Are you sure that is the plan he is talking about? I am on the 3rd party dealer plan as well with the Hero. It isn't the friends and family plan that the sprint employee has to be held accountable for. It is a free and clear 3000 plan that includes a free unlimited data pack for $20 a month. It is used for authorized dealer employees and employees of Radioshack and places like that.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkctd8 View Post
Are you sure that is the plan he is talking about? I am on the 3rd party dealer plan as well with the Hero. It isn't the friends and family plan that the sprint employee has to be held accountable for. It is a free and clear 3000 plan that includes a free unlimited data pack for $20 a month. It is used for authorized dealer employees and employees of Radioshack and places like that.
Could be that too. What came to mind for me was the Advantage FF.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero