PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
using the people widget on the hero

When using the people widget on the hero, and you select a contact for the first time, it brings up that persons contact card. From there you can select call, email, text, etc. However, once you do this, the default action for that contact is set to whatever you chose the first time the contact card came up. Is there a way to make the default action to always bring up the contact card?

If not, is there an app that will allow you to display a 4x4 grid (or similar) of your favorite contacts and when you click on your contact it will bring up their contact card?

I know you can add -> shortcut -> person, to create your own grid, but the title under their name is "View Dou..."

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: using the people widget on the hero

Moved to General Hero Discussion
Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

I dont know if its gonna be part of 2.1 or if its part of the 2.1 ROM im running, but when i use the People widget and add contacts to it, it lets me set the default action as 'View Contact' and doesnt change regardless of which action i choose afterwards
Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, it should be "View Contact Card," "Call," "Email," "Text," etc...view card should be one of the options. If not, try adding the person again. Maybe restart the phone if necessary.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks crashjack. That is good to know. I am gonna wait for the official sprint release of 2.1 so I hope it is in there.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Yes, it should be "View Contact Card," "Call," "Email," "Text," etc...view card should be one of the options. If not, try adding the person again. Maybe restart the phone if necessary.
I think we are talking about 2 differnt things or it may just be the difference between 1.5 and 2.1. What I am talking about is under add htc widget -> people. That widget would be great, but when i first added the widget all of my favorite contacts opened up the contact card when i selected them. But it defaults to the last selection (email, phone, message) once I have used it once and there is no way to reset it.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I think we are talking about 2 differnt things or it may just be the difference between 1.5 and 2.1. What I am talking about is under add htc widget -> people. That widget would be great, but when i first added the widget all of my favorite contacts opened up the contact card when i selected them. But it defaults to the last selection (email, phone, message) once I have used it once and there is no way to reset it.
I guess I didn't realize it's a ROM thing. I'm running Fresh "2.1" and it has it. That's why I assumed it was on all of them. Sorry.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no problem, i appreciate the help though.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

I am running the what-appears-to-be-official-leak of 2.1 and it DOES allow you to choose View Card as the default. It also allows you to choose more than just your favorites for the widget. I now have a couple of people widgets in my scene for different groups of people. Like it much better!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
I am running the what-appears-to-be-official-leak of 2.1 and it DOES allow you to choose View Card as the default. It also allows you to choose more than just your favorites for the widget. I now have a couple of people widgets in my scene for different groups of people. Like it much better!

Thanks for the info. That is a pretty slick way of doing it. I might have time today to try that leaked rom. ? though, is there a performance increase from stock 1.5 to stock 2.1? I thought I remeber reading that somewhere in the wee hours of the night.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero