PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

darthotik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Status bar clock

I was wondering if anyone has found or knows of a way to disable the digital clock in the status bar on Android 1.5?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:19 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Re: Status bar clock

I would like to know this as well since the HTC Sense clock widget fullfills this need and I hate redundancies...

Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
I would like to know this as well since the HTC Sense clock widget fullfills this need and I hate redundancies...
There is a ROM of some sort, or mayhaps a taskbar where modder removed the battery widget from the taskbar. I'm not sure on what forum or anything (because i'm at work, and they just barely let me get paid to browse this website) but it is out there, and i bet the process is pretty similar to removing the clock. Worth looking into. Weapon, I'm sure with our combined powers we can figure it out.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
HTC Soldier

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
There is a ROM of some sort, or mayhaps a taskbar where modder removed the battery widget from the taskbar. I'm not sure on what forum or anything (because i'm at work, and they just barely let me get paid to browse this website) but it is out there, and i bet the process is pretty similar to removing the clock. Worth looking into. Weapon, I'm sure with our combined powers we can figure it out.
May the power of the forces combine!

I was able to "remove" the battery from my taskbar (posted in Godzson's Custom APK's/Clocks/etc thread...) however that was simply .pngs that I rendered invisible. The clock is likely a .xml script that just needs a little editing... but which one...?

Well I am hungry. Im going to go grab some 'zoli and will start searching when I get back. Will post results.

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re:Status bar clock

Quote:
Quote:

May the power of the forces combine!

I was able to "remove" the battery from my taskbar (posted in Godzson's Custom APK's/Clocks/etc thread...) however that was simply .pngs that I rendered invisible. The clock is likely a .xml script that just needs a little editing... but which one...?

Well I am hungry. Im going to go grab some 'zoli and will start searching when I get back. Will post results.
I'll start tearing apart xml when I get home. I'm sure its in /system/framework

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HERO

CHUBBZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCHUBBZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCHUBBZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCHUBBZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCHUBBZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yea im sure you will need to edit the xml file. I think it has to be in the status bar.xml. But which line?
I will help out and look in to it tonight. I know we will find it.

Last edited by CHUBBZ; 01-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

question: If I remove the clock and the battery from my status bar, will the space it occupies free up for more notifications?
Fresh 1.1 Rom
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Officer Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveystyles View Post
question: If I remove the clock and the battery from my status bar, will the space it occupies free up for more notifications?
The battery is just replace with a clear png, but depending on how you murder the clock, possible.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:21 AM
HTC Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveystyles View Post
It wouldnt free up space for new notifications unless you modify the .xml script to remove the the current battery/clock code and replace it with code specific to what notification you want to see in its place.

Almost sounds like a job for Mortscript (Android version?)
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

Would I have to specify a specific notification, or could i modify it to show 'any' notification aka extend the notification bar?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
bar, clock, status, status bar, stock