PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Status bar clock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105305)

darthotik 01-08-2010 01:26 PM

Status bar clock

I was wondering if anyone has found or knows of a way to disable the digital clock in the status bar on Android 1.5?

xweaponx 01-09-2010 05:19 AM

Re: Status bar clock

I would like to know this as well since the HTC Sense clock widget fullfills this need and I hate redundancies...

bradart 01-09-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xweaponx (Post 1473375)
I would like to know this as well since the HTC Sense clock widget fullfills this need and I hate redundancies...

There is a ROM of some sort, or mayhaps a taskbar where modder removed the battery widget from the taskbar. I'm not sure on what forum or anything (because i'm at work, and they just barely let me get paid to browse this website) but it is out there, and i bet the process is pretty similar to removing the clock. Worth looking into. Weapon, I'm sure with our combined powers we can figure it out.

xweaponx 01-09-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1473984)
There is a ROM of some sort, or mayhaps a taskbar where modder removed the battery widget from the taskbar. I'm not sure on what forum or anything (because i'm at work, and they just barely let me get paid to browse this website) but it is out there, and i bet the process is pretty similar to removing the clock. Worth looking into. Weapon, I'm sure with our combined powers we can figure it out.

May the power of the forces combine!

I was able to "remove" the battery from my taskbar (posted in Godzson's Custom APK's/Clocks/etc thread...) however that was simply .pngs that I rendered invisible. The clock is likely a .xml script :evil3: that just needs a little editing... but which one...? ;-)

Well I am hungry. Im going to go grab some 'zoli and will start searching when I get back. Will post results.

bradart 01-09-2010 03:43 PM

Re:Status bar clock

Quote:

Quote:

May the power of the forces combine!

I was able to "remove" the battery from my taskbar (posted in Godzson's Custom APK's/Clocks/etc thread...) however that was simply .pngs that I rendered invisible. The clock is likely a .xml script :evil3: that just needs a little editing... but which one...? ;-)

Well I am hungry. Im going to go grab some 'zoli and will start searching when I get back. Will post results.
I'll start tearing apart xml when I get home. I'm sure its in /system/framework

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

CHUBBZ 01-09-2010 05:45 PM

Yea im sure you will need to edit the xml file. I think it has to be in the status bar.xml. But which line?
I will help out and look in to it tonight. I know we will find it.

Harveystyles 01-10-2010 12:28 AM

question: If I remove the clock and the battery from my status bar, will the space it occupies free up for more notifications?

bradart 01-10-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harveystyles (Post 1475457)
question: If I remove the clock and the battery from my status bar, will the space it occupies free up for more notifications?

The battery is just replace with a clear png, but depending on how you murder the clock, possible.

xweaponx 01-10-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harveystyles (Post 1475457)

It wouldnt free up space for new notifications unless you modify the .xml script to remove the the current battery/clock code and replace it with code specific to what notification you want to see in its place.

Almost sounds like a job for Mortscript (Android version?)

Harveystyles 01-10-2010 03:16 AM

Would I have to specify a specific notification, or could i modify it to show 'any' notification aka extend the notification bar?